What's new

Sold FG - January Sales £2,600

What does community think on price on this now? Asking for a friend...
I personally think it's hard to say. If I had the room, and my husband liked it, I would snap it up at this price.

However, it's obvious to me that most forum members view the excellent 80s Bally pins as significantly less valuable than I do.

I personally think it's hard to say. If I had the room, and my husband liked it, I would snap it up at this price.

However, it's obvious to me that most forum members view the excellent 80s Bally pins as significantly less valuable than I do.
That being said Haggis are remaking em currently and charging £10k a pop - difficult to see FG not being one of the remakes

That being said Haggis are remaking em currently and charging £10k a pop - difficult to see FG not being one of the remakes
Centaur and Fathom aren't licensed. Flash Gordon is. Maybe they don't have the licence...

It's an excellent game. I enjoyed mine thoroughly and the only reason we moved it on is because @MadMonzer didn't like it (he said the half-ramps felt like it was trying to be a 90s Bally-Williams, but the tech wasn't good enough).

What does community think on price on this now? Asking for a friend...
Unfortunately like buying shares buyer paid top dollar for this title and unfortunately will have to take a bath on it. Best to just keep it.

IMG_20240101_133608_612.jpg

I believe we are at the blue cross at the moment.

Intere
Unfortunately like buying shares buyer paid top dollar for this title and unfortunately will have to take a bath on it. Best to just keep it.

View attachment 240728

I believe we are at the blue cross at the moment.
As a man who has dabbled in the markets i can relate!!

I think its an ok price now tbf, hope he gets a buyer.

I will defs be getting a 'new' pin this year 😍

But bot as a first or only pin. This limits appeal compared to a Fathom or EBD.
Really? I've played Fathom and EBD (and currently have a Centaur) and they're much-of-a-muchness, to be honest. All great pins.

@MadMonzer's issue was that he didn't like the low ramps. He's a B/W-era fan and felt FG was trying to be a B/W-era pin, but the tech just wasn't there at that time. I liked the tricky shots on FG and the sense of peril, and feel the lack of multiball is a bit overstated. I also loved the theme, colourful artwork, and there's a wonderful replacement Squawk and Talk board that plays the film music (by Queen, no less). I bought a funky spaceship topper for mine too.

I enjoy Centaur about the same amount as the FG we had - good shots, great for a quick game. It's definitely easier than FG though!

If I met someone who wanted a first pin, and only had space for one machine, I wouldn't recommend a classic. They're hard to source specific ones, you need a certain ability at maintenance and, if you're a good player, you're probably better off with a Stern Pro.

I'd definitely recommend it to people who love the varied shots on the Stern Elwins though, have a bit of experience of pins, but don't have a lot of familiarity with owning 80s titles. Good classics are ALL ABOUT THE SHOTS, because they didn't have the software in those days to hide a bad layout with strong code! If you're one of those people who loves great, tense gameplay and a strong, fast layout, without the hassle of learning 20 pages of code, GIVE THIS FG A TRY :)

Or, alternatively, I owned one of these. I really loved it. I was sad when it left :( I'm sad that @Lickashot is struggling to sell his pin because FG is much more super-fun to play (IMO) than some of the things that are selling for higher prices :(

I also know not everyone is lucky enough to get to play lots of different pins on location, so may not realise how super-fun FG is :D

So, I wanted to give the post a boost :D

GLWS @Lickashot 🤞 💙

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I took a 1k loss in like 4 months on a AIQ Prem. Market definitely going south!!!

Whats the cabinet look like, do you have more pics, or a link to the original sale thread, thanks.

Why not stick it on ebay and auction it ? Much wider pool of buyers there and you'd get fair market value.

Back
Top Bottom