What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F*ck my allen keys

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
So sick of my rats nest of random frickin allen keys - can't for the life of me find the right one now for flipper base screws :mad::mad::mad:

Enough. New Year ...new tools ....... so ....

...can someone recommend a half decent set that will cover most pinball eventualities ...are we talking metric or imperial or both ? I never really pay attention to what I'm using, just find one that fits :rolleyes:

Imperial is only needed as thay don't use metric them Americans ;)
You can use metric but it's not a snug fit ,so when you are up against a really tight screw you trend to mutilate the head .

Imperial is only needed as thay don't use metric them Americans ;)
You can use metric but it's not a snug fit ,so when you are up against a really tight screw you trend to mutilate the head .
Thunderbirds is all Metric I believe, so best buy a set Carl ;)

im a tight @rse and bought some from dollar tree for $1.23 when I was in the states on holiday,they undid the 40 year old mechs on my lost world fine

To follow up on my post (two up). I have used the set I bought and for £15 and I can't complain. They dealt with the few pinball tasks I did today as well as dismantling some furniture and a floor to ceiling cat tower.

They have a little flex when using the high leverage option but they engaged in all the heads well without rattle and the ball ends worked well when off parallel.

Overall, happy.

Edit, should add that the holders are a little 'plastic' and don't hold all the keys securely but I'm sure this could be bodged.

Back
Top Bottom