What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External Volume control mod for Stern Spike 2

Terry at Pinball Life got back to me to say it will work.
He's updated his website now.
It's only SAM machines that can't use it.
Cheers for everyone's comments.

Reactions: Jib
All
I have just purchased two of these from Retro David and they work fine on my FF & EHOH. I think he has them on his site now as back order but can be here in 5 days he stated in a reply.
£29.99 if I remember right.

I've had a fee occasions after turning Rush on and starting a game where I've thought the music was either too loud or quiet and wanted to adjust it straight away and either have to wait for the ball to drain or time it perfectly with getting in the scoop.

Turn on coin door ball save.

Now on website
More due next week best to place a back order to ensure allocation on the next lot
Any questions please drop me a message

Now on website
More due next week best to place a back order to ensure allocation on the next lot
Any questions please drop me a message

Just a watch out - these work on UK Spike 2 (fitted to my IMDN) but they don’t fit on my Metallica Premium despite instructions saying they fit Sam pins. Instructions show a connector above the menu buttons that isn’t there on mine.

Reactions: Jib
Just a watch out - these work on UK Spike 2 (fitted to my IMDN) but they don’t fit on my Metallica Premium despite instructions saying they fit Sam pins. Instructions show a connector above the menu buttons that isn’t there on mine.
Doesnt it say they wont work on None US Sam pins?

Actually I think thats what is says on the pinball life page as they updated the description to clarify it will work with None US Spike 1 and 2.

Doesnt it say they wont work on None US Sam pins?

Actually I think thats what is says on the pinball life page as they updated the description to clarify it will work with None US Spike 1 and 2.
All I’ve seen it ‘won’t work with non us pins’ or ‘works on Spike 1, 2 & Sam pins’ hence it needed some clarity.
Also instructions for Spike 2 suggest unscrewing the menu buttons to connect underneath but you can just use the bottom left socket on the cabinet node board - much easier 👍

Check the link in the very first post to the product on Pinball Lifes website, they updated their product description after it was pointed out by someone that it wasnt very clear, as it just said that it wouldnt work on ANY None-US machines, theyve now updated to say it wont work on none US SAM machines but will work US and None US Spike 1 and 2.

I think this was also possibly mentioned somewhere in this thread.

Check the link in the very first post to the product on Pinball Lifes website, they updated their product description after it was pointed out by someone that it wasnt very clear, as it just said that it wouldnt work on ANY None-US machines, theyve now updated to say it wont work on none US SAM machines but will work US and None US Spike 1 and 2.

I think this was also possibly mentioned somewhere in this thread.
Cheers but I didn’t buy it from there. Just incase anyone doesn’t read the whole thread I thought it was useful. Unfortunately it’s now been diluted into the thread 🤷🏼‍♂️

Maybe, but I though the whole point of the thread was started asking why it said it was not compatible with None-US machines.

@David retro Possibly the description on your website needs updating to mention it wont work with Export SAM machines.

GOOD NEWS!!

Anyone buying an external volume control you can fit them to UK SAM pins (with some very easy soldering!)
Simply pull the cable out of the male connector, strip the black, red & green wires back. Fit the volume control & solder the wires directly to the tabs under the menu buttons.
Red to Vol Down button
Green to Vol Up button
Black to any of the common tabs (that have a black wire on them)
All works perfectly!

IMG_1055.jpeg
IMG_1056.jpeg

GOOD NEWS!!

Anyone buying an external volume control you can fit them to UK SAM pins (with some very easy soldering!)
Simply pull the cable out of the male connector, strip the black, red & green wires back. Fit the volume control & solder the wires directly to the tabs under the menu buttons.
Red to Vol Down button
Green to Vol Up button
Black to any of the common tabs (that have a black wire on them)
All works perfectly!

View attachment 252256
View attachment 252257
Great thanks Andy!
I’ll be ordering one asap 👍

Back
Top Bottom