What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ever heard or used spelhaus in Denmark?

domlouis

Registered
found them by chance and wondering whether anyone ever used them?
It all looks above board but it would be good to have it confirmed by someone who has dealt with them.
thanks

Send them a few questions first Dom. Ask for photos of specific areas of games etc.

This is a street view of their address..
Could be just a public facing shop or mail drop but doesnt look a very big area to be restoring pins (Nemesis)

kongensgade.jpg

1997 Euros for a CV - somehow think their prices are out of date!

Best person to speak to about this would be Mike Kloss ( Duke of Pinball ) he is still knocking about, not as much involved as he once was in pinball but he knows most people in this hobby.
http://www.duke-of-pinball.com
He is one mad Danish dude but a really nice guy.

Just had an ah-ha moment. Totally off topic, but @BigIan for some reason whenever I have seen your name in the past I have read it as Big Lan, and figured you were some crazy guy with a monster local area network in their house. Big Ian makes much more sense. Anyway, sorry for the interruption to the thread...

This is No help what so ever it's either a fantastic con or legit?
Been doing a bit of nosying about and there could be 20% "tax" to be added if you ship them in, they have said they can ship for €250
Anyone know anything about buying from Denmark?

Just had an ah-ha moment. Totally off topic, but @BigIan for some reason whenever I have seen your name in the past I have read it as Big Lan, and figured you were some crazy guy with a monster local area network in their house. Big Ian makes much more sense. Anyway, sorry for the interruption to the thread...

Just to add to your confusion, I am a network engineer :hmm:

Heads up everyone, I have been in touch with one of the good guys in Denmark and this is his reply!!

Yeah, I agree; the site looks really good!
But let me assure you; it's definitely a scam.
What a shame, though.

I was born and raised in Odense (I'm 42 years old) and I have never heard of a pinball company here. Besides that, the address" Kongensgade 43" is downtown Odense and more or less in the heart of the shopping area (walking street).

Heres a link to street view of the adress:

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Ko...a1d8aac!8m2!3d55.3971418!4d10.3812354!6m1!1e1

"Game Stop" has been on that location for 10-15 years - and sell games for PC, Playstations etc.

I also searched for the phone number, that is stated on the site. It seems to belong an immigrant hair salon in a totally other part of Denmark...

Mike kloss came back to me and he has never heard of them.
Spoke to the gamestop owner in odense and he hasn't either.
About the shop front, they said their shop is in a mall. Asked about a picture of the shop front and never got one. Did get some pictures of the inside of the right game when asking for more pictures. No geo location data attached to the pictures though so can't confirm much.
Still none the wiser. Seems to be either a very elaborate scam or a great undiscovered gem. Who would put such a website together for a scam? ???

Yes but then again some of the other pins they have on the website aren't that cheap. Look at lw3 for example.

One other thing to mention to highlight that this is a scam is clearly identified in the pictures this is because behind TMNT is a sign advertising www.pinballclassics.com. However, I came across a yelp review posted in 2014 for pinball classics in las vegas which stated "So sad but I went by and it doesn't exist anymore. All 80 machines were shipped overseas the guy told me :( ".

its obviously a scam, the website has a bunch of images blatantly ripped off from other pinball websites, including @philpalmer Pinball Heaven on the first page.

Reactions: JT.
Duke of pinball came back. He too thinks it is a scam. Oh well the search continues for my mm.

Back
Top Bottom