What's new

Evapo rust and bench polisher v minging rusty metals

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Well on the kind Advice of @AlanJ I invested in the aforementioned to see if it could restore a little life back into some of the nasty Dr Dude metals stripped off my pin.
It made sense to experiment with these things whilst doing a mini shop and thought I’d show the results after spending 24hrs in the rust bath and only 15mins on my new bench polisher I bought off eBay.

IMG_0470.jpeg

I also bought a set 3 of small colander size baskets with basins for a tenner off Amazon

Some before pics
IMG_0426.jpegIMG_0431.jpeg

During
IMG_0438.jpeg
IMG_0471.jpeg

And After only 15 mins or so playing with my new polisher.
Note the last pic of where I polished the right side of the thingamybob for comparison 🤩
IMG_0468.jpegIMG_0469.jpeg

All I need now is a little free time to finish the job but thought I’d show WIP

Coly

Try a drop of 3-1 oil a piece of 1200 grit wet and dry on that ball ramp. Should bring it up a treat.

@Colywobbles Hi Colin - Dont suppose you could share the link to those baskets could you please? Looks like they are perfect for separating the media/metalwork from a vibratory tumbler (well - at least on slightly larger items!) 👍

Cheers

Here ya go

SOUJOY 6 Pack Vegetable Washing Basket, 2-in-1 Drain Colander Bowl Set, Kitchen Fruit Washing Bowl and Strainer, Drain Basin and Basket for Food Vegetables Cleaning Washing https://amzn.eu/d/4HImyb0

@Colywobbles Hi Colin - Dont suppose you could share the link to those baskets could you please? Looks like they are perfect for separating the media/metalwork from a vibratory tumbler (well - at least on slightly larger items!) 👍

Cheers
I just use a cheap colander from the discount shop

Citric acid works a treat also. About 7 quid from a,azon for 2kg bag. Mix with hot water.

I just use a cheap colander from the discount shop

At £12 for 3 inc next day delivery I thought these were a steal.
Problem I found was finding square ones like these. I did try B&M and they were all round and £7 each 😦

Back
Top Bottom