What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ethanol Free Petrol - Esso Synergy Supreme 99

DRD

Registered
Great news for drivers of older/ classic cars and small engine owners ..

Ethanol in petrol is hygroscopic (absorbs water) and it is quite an aggressive solvent. UK petrol was e5 (5 per cent ethanol) until a few months ago, but is now overwhelmingly e10 (10 per cent).

Cars over 10 years old may be damaged by this ethanol as the rubbers and plastics in the fuel lines may have not been designed to resist the ethanol. For cars over 20 years old this is a serious issue.

Ethanol also causes havoc in small carburettor engines like lawnmowers, generators - after a few months the fuel goes stale, gums up and blocks the jet.

A customer of mine is a mechanic and he is seeing numerous older cars with fuel line problems caused by e10 right now.

He has told me to buy Esso Synergy Supreme 99 as remarkably this contains zero ethanol !!!!! despite the pumps saying it is e5.

Previously I had bought Aspen pure at £20 for 5 litres for "wintering" my little engines. This Esso is a damn sight cheaper.

"Synergy Fuels | Esso" https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol

ANy of the unleaded supers have a lower ethanol with some being zero, the big issue with ethanol and classics as well as motorbikes is that it absorbs water over time leading to rusty fuel tanks as well as emulsion blocking up carbs. Best practice is to drain your mowers and chainsaws after use,

I always use the Aspen 2 stroke mix, they always start no matter how long left unused. Also keeps the bores/pistons clean I have been told by the local farm machinery place.
Could I used the Aspen4 in my 1kw Honda geny? I did add an additive to the fuel to protect, I better go and see if it starts been a while😬

Good news for older cars though but let’s face it, they wants those vehicles scrapped now.

I always use the super unleaded stuff anyway - just works better :) (Actually I think the Starion is meant to have 97+ anyway so .. )

I guess this has a 99 octane rating - which be good. But ive also been going to Costco for fuel of late - where the super is the same price as the regular elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom