What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EM help in North Oxfordshire

Sim

Registered
I need a service/repair expert who can travel (or collect) from Banbury. I've searched online but the response is from people too far away. Can you help?
I have a 1978 Gottlieb Cleopatra machine, which has functioned perfectly until now. The problem is that when the final ball drops in the well (either on 3 ball or 5 ball setting) the machine gets stuck in a repeating loop, failing to add on the score and trigger the 'Game Over' relay.
The only way to exit the loop is pressing the new game red button on the front (which can only be done with game credits in the machine of course).
Someone with EM knowledge could probably fix this quite easily, and I'm happy to pay!

Hi Sim. I am not an EM expert by any stretch of the imagination - I am very much a novice. But I do like mucking about with them and have just rebuilt my Cow Poke.

What I've found in many cases is that if you have the schematics then having two people together bouncing ideas off each other often leads to problems being tracked down. So I'd be happy to come and take a look at some point to see if the pair of us can get to the bottom of the problem if you can't find an expert to come and fix it.

Thanks Mfresh, that's very generous of you. I'll see what else comes up on here and if it ends up being down to me, a schematic and a mug of tea I'll drop you a line!
Cheers.

I need a service/repair expert who can travel (or collect) from Banbury. I've searched online but the response is from people too far away. Can you help?
I have a 1978 Gottlieb Cleopatra machine, which has functioned perfectly until now. The problem is that when the final ball drops in the well (either on 3 ball or 5 ball setting) the machine gets stuck in a repeating loop, failing to add on the score and trigger the 'Game Over' relay.
The only way to exit the loop is pressing the new game red button on the front (which can only be done with game credits in the machine of course).
Someone with EM knowledge could probably fix this quite easily, and I'm happy to pay!
Have you checked the game over relay?
Checked the gaps to make sure all contacts are making?
And cleaned contacts on the relay?
Sometimes this is enough:)

Thanks Replay, I've unplugged it, realised it has a multitude of wire soldered to it, and pushed it back, but that's all!
I'll take a more thorough look at it.

Euwww. I think there is certainly a problem with my Game Over relay. The plastic section pictured here is charred, and unlike the other relays it is loose. I'll try and replace it! Any observations on what's caused this are welcome, or thoughts on replacing the relay.FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Main thing is that when you manually operate relay is to check switches all open or close.

But first thing to do is to replace the coil.

A stuck switch would cause the coil to burn out.

Stuck switch i.e a contact might be permanently closed and so coil stays on and overheats.

Coil ref number on the bottom - can't quite see what coil you need though.

Back
Top Bottom