What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvira-HOH Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
No she complains that it affects her game next to me.. She says every time that bitch shakes it drains my ball... (opportunity for an innuendo here but I'll leave it)

Owners

Do the Gargoyles by the crypt hit the glass when you hit them? Assuming they're not supposed to do that and need adjusting?

Owners

Do the Gargoyles by the crypt hit the glass when you hit them? Assuming they're not supposed to do that and need adjusting?
The bars the gargoyles are on are all the same length so the ones lower down the table hit off the glass. Better drilling a small hole on the bar underneath the playfield and put a small bolt and nut thru so it then hits off the bottom of the hole rather the gargoyle hitting off the glass. The gargoyles are pretty poorly attached to the bars and come off the bar once it’s bounced off the glass a whack of times..

The bars the gargoyles are on are all the same length so the ones lower down the table hit off the glass. Better drilling a small hole on the bar underneath the playfield and put a small bolt and nut thru so it then hits off the bottom of the hole rather the gargoyle hitting off the glass. The gargoyles are pretty poorly attached to the bars and come off the bar once it’s bounced off the glass a whack of times..
As witnessed on the machine, basically there badly designed, above fixed Mr perfect

When I had an Elvira I read through a lot of pinside posts before it arrived and noticed a few people saying their Gargoyles hit the glass, but didn't do it on mine; some said it was designed that way (to hit the glass), but I'm nit convinced. Apparently there's no risk of breaking the glass 🤷🏼‍♂️

Anything hitting the glass would bug me to honest. You'd think it would be easy to design them not to hit the glass so who knows if it was a design choice.

As Ian said shorter bar would ensure they don't hit the glass which leads me to believe they were designed to hit it as a homage to SS

When I had an Elvira I read through a lot of pinside posts before it arrived and noticed a few people saying their Gargoyles hit the glass, but didn't do it on mine; some said it was designed that way (to hit the glass), but I'm nit convinced. Apparently there's no risk of breaking the glass 🤷🏼‍♂️
It doesn't break the glass but it does break the gargoyles

Agreed - I think I could live with it, but would prob try and adjust to stop it happening.
It’s 100% by design and I think it’s a great feature, I did a video once of me throwing a pinball as hard as I possibly could at a sheet of pinball glass, couldn’t break it at all but the noise was deafening, I’m guessing the high pitch ‘ding’ you hear when the gargoyles hit the glass make you think maybe they could smash it but there’s no chance.

Last edited:
On SS I really liked the fact they did this and glad they carried it forward to EHOH.
However I’m not so sure it’s a great idea nowadays if like me you replace all your glass to invisiglass as I guess it could start and remove the coating.
Like @Beowulfz07 quoted a little silicone tubing is an easy fix and should be shipped NIB with some but at 0.2 cents a mtr it would add to there BOM 😜

some people say its an easy machine by like you say.. drain monster. You really need to work the machine to keep the ball in play,

Apparently lowering the sling power tames it some although ive not adjusted mine. Makes it more of a challenge to master.

I know I’m not going to be very popular but for me it was a very disappointing experience. I guess I looked forward to it too much, played it to death for a week and after 2 weeks had seen pretty much all it had to offer.
Like Godzilla, I wasn’t a fan of the old film clips so the screen did little for me.
It was so easy to play which although nice in one way meant long ball times, my wife got fed up with waiting for her turn, much like the hobbit, tho personally I much prefer the experience of the hobbit, the presentation and feeling of immersion was wonderful just too long ball times.
Mando has been the best 2 player pin I’ve owned and coop mode was genius, we played that more than any other pin.
Elvira had some great moments but we were glad to see it gone after 3 weeks and wouldn’t have another.
Scared stuff was more fun imo but got old a bit quick too having had one nib when it came out.
TAF had a better balance of difficulty and ball time, we had 2 of them and would still put a game on it now.
Only my opinion but I thought it was worth sharing as pinball is different for everyone which is a good thing.
I know a lot of people love Elvira and Godzilla, but then a lot of people like Man Utd, I rest my case 😂😂😂

I had my posts at the bottom. I think the reason people say it's easy is because all the shots are relatively easy to make/ learn but some bricks can be more unforgiving than other games. The ramp combos have definitely been the easiest of any machine I've had so far. You can backhand the crypt for more safety too and make sure the ball save is on for firing out the crypt kicker, mine would fire out great and hit the targets but then ricochet straight to the outlane.

Well last night it just clicked and my nudging skills kept the balls in play.

I hit three modes and got the party house wizard modes, I got Gappa Angry, I did a few more modes, then for I think a wizard mode called Scream something. I racked up two extra balls.

Hit half a billion.

Love it.

Back
Top Bottom