What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay

Banzaipinabll

Site Supporter
Alias
Mike
bid on another pin this morning on eBay. To find it cancelled shortly after.
Clearly could listing violation or more likely shop window to sell and remove. Really annoys me, understand why people do this and eBay need to address this in my opinion. That’s now 4 in a row cancelled that I have bid on.

Moral of the story, if you really want it make an offer through pm, not right but if that's how people are selling them.

For buying a pinball machine just totally avoid eBay.
Look on here for machines and if nothing on you fancy then put up a wanted add. Safer more secure and a lot cheaper plus the site benefits by the seller making a donation to the site.
Who needs eBay?

For buying a pinball machine just totally avoid eBay.
Look on here for machines and if nothing on you fancy then put up a wanted add. Safer more secure and a lot cheaper plus the site benefits by the seller making a donation to the site.
Who needs eBay?

eBay can be problematic but I’ve bought two machines on the Fleabay without problems at all. Saying that, I drove 150 miles and hired a van to see a machine that was nowhere near what I expected.

Most sellers don’t want PayPal due to the fees.

- Browse eBay, go and look, say yes or no.
- Never pay up front.
- Pay the seller when you’ve seen it.
- Take machine away there and then if you said yes and paid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed, ebay can be a lottery at times. I would always view a pin before handing over any money. Just bugs me listing constantly being removed as a deal done off-line.

sellers that pass on contact info to sell off site soon get banned, there was also something a while back about being charged as though the item sold if a seller pulls an auction with bids on it, no idea if thats been implemented, i remember reading about it though in an announcement

Yes that happened to me, someone messaged me about collecting a £10 xbox game, so I pulled the auction then got a week's ban from listing new items, and charged as though it was a normal sale (I was already on a warning for doing it once before).

Next time I will try revising the buy it now only price to an unrealistic amount that no one will bid on,then let the auction run to the end.

Last edited:
So how can you allow people to inspect something (like a pinball machine) without sharing contact details?

It's getting tricky.....you can get them to contact you through another website by describing it without links, easy enough to set up and no phone number or address flags for ebay to spot.

So how can you allow people to inspect something (like a pinball machine) without sharing contact details?

I have seen people taking photos of their phone number. That works for the moment.

I have currently been banned 5 times now for passing on details! On larger ticket items I always want to inspect something before paying, but flea bay block phone numbers. Think they are blocking if you spell them now. However, I always do deals outside eBay. I see it as payback for their incredibly sh!t customer service when someone gives me crap feedback when they wanted me to ship something after the advert clearly said I wouldn’ ship...make a complaint to eBay and all you will get is an automated reply.

Amazing, I incorrectly assumed that viewing (as opposed to direct buying) before the auction ends was allowed but seemingly not. Tbf I'm not sure how they would police the latter occurring if allowing the former but that's there problem.

Best thing to do is to ask if the other person is on the pinballinfo forum or pinside and give them your username - then they can message you freely here or on pinside.

register as a business seller, by law all business sellers have to have all their details displayed on every listing, email address, phone number, name , address, postcode. easy to contact and arrange viewing/buying , only private sellers get shafted if they either pass on or receive contact info, I got a 7 day ban for passing a phone number, the guy who requested it never phoned me, they rarely do, anyway, next time i accidentally did a similar thing and was banned permenantly from ebay.

there is a bit more irony to the story, a few months later i decided i wanted my Ebay account back, so I phoned Ebay and grovelled and pleaded for about 30 minutes, eventually they passed me around their managers etc and I was told they would re-instate and re-open my account, however just at that point I just couldn't help contain myself, and I said something derogatory about ebay to the manager I was talking to, who promptly ended the conversation , saying wrong answer and I didn't get the account back.

Last edited:
I have seen people taking photos of their phone number. That works for the moment.

I have currently been banned 5 times now for passing on details! On larger ticket items I always want to inspect something before paying, but flea bay block phone numbers. Think they are blocking if you spell them now. However, I always do deals outside eBay. I see it as payback for their incredibly sh!t customer service when someone gives me crap feedback when they wanted me to ship something after the advert clearly said I wouldn’ ship...make a complaint to eBay and all you will get is an automated reply.

only if you don't get caught, its not worth the risk, once banned from ebay its almost impossible to ever get an account again, unless you move to another town, change your name, mobile number, email and bank account and paypal details.

both buyer and seller can get banned, so you might list something, someone sends you their number and asks you to call, and you get banned for receiving the info, i have very few friends left that still have a working ebay account

Back
Top Bottom