What's new

Ebay Joke of the week (possibly year to date)

That's not a pinball machine / Bingo - It's a piece of wood and some glass!!!

Guy is selling a Bally Cypress Gardens Bingo https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183870813972
He describes it as a "Major restoration project" and "most things are there"
IT HAS A STRIPPED PLAYFIELD AND WORN BACKGLASS ONLY! Nothing else at all not even a mains cable!
Is he having a laugh??

I was under the impression that bingo machines were a permanent restoration project

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"A GENUINE BALLY ‘CYPRESS GARDENS’ 1950’S PINBALL MACHINE (WELL, PART OF ONE! )
TWO PIECES HERE, THE MAIN GAME AREA AND THE GLASS DISPLAY
OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A MAJOR RESTORATION PROJECT FOR SOMEONE BUT I’D SAY THE MAIN TWO BITS ARE THERE, THERE IS NO GLASS OVER THE GAME AREA,
THE MAIN WIRING AND ELECTRICS APPEAR TO BE THERE BUT I CANNOT SAY FOR SURE WHAT IS MISSING, THERE ARE ALSO A FEW LOOSE PARTS AS SHOWN IN PICTURES.
THERE IS NO MAIN TABLE OR FRAME WITH THIS ITEM
THIS IS COLLECTION ONLY FROM CLITHEROE LANCASHIRE, IF YOU SEND A COURIER, ITS ON YOUR HEAD AS TO WETHER IT REACHES YOU IN ONE PIECE! "

I don't get why this is even described as a joke, seems well described. I don't see where it states most things there.

"A GENUINE BALLY ‘CYPRESS GARDENS’ 1950’S PINBALL MACHINE (WELL, PART OF ONE! )
TWO PIECES HERE, THE MAIN GAME AREA AND THE GLASS DISPLAY
OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A MAJOR RESTORATION PROJECT FOR SOMEONE BUT I’D SAY THE MAIN TWO BITS ARE THERE, THERE IS NO GLASS OVER THE GAME AREA,
THE MAIN WIRING AND ELECTRICS APPEAR TO BE THERE BUT I CANNOT SAY FOR SURE WHAT IS MISSING, THERE ARE ALSO A FEW LOOSE PARTS AS SHOWN IN PICTURES.
THERE IS NO MAIN TABLE OR FRAME WITH THIS ITEM
THIS IS COLLECTION ONLY FROM CLITHEROE LANCASHIRE, IF YOU SEND A COURIER, ITS ON YOUR HEAD AS TO WETHER IT REACHES YOU IN ONE PIECE! "

I don't get why this is even described as a joke, seems well described. I don't see where it states most things there.
How about... "The main wiring and electrics appear to be there" or "The main two bits appear to be there" for a start! It couldnt be further from the truth. THEY ARE NOT THERE!
How about Missing... Bottom & top Cabinets Bottom Control Boards and Transformers, Backbox Control circuits Relays, Steppers Switches etc, Balls, Lighshieds, Coin door, Coin Mech, Tilt mechanisms. Oh and mains lead! Is that enough to start. It would be like me describing a Ferrari 308GTB Hubcap and Wing Mirror as a f-king restoration project!

Back
Top Bottom