What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay gill_mars offering taf @£2750 any one ideas (scam?)

lmtc

Registered
Anyone heard of the above ebayer.he had a tz and taf for sale the other week i messaged him about them a couple of times and then they vanished today i got these messages from him

Hi. Iv been messed about for 2 weeks by person that was wanting the Addams machine. If still maybe interested let me know. Would take 3k for it Thanks

so i replied no thanks ,

i then got this reply

If you could manage 2750 id do it for that and I d pay the courier.

Surly this is some kind of scam ?

This was the original ebay link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twilight-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ask which courier he's using. 2750 is great price in current market. I'd get one of the Scottish guys to grab it then get Martin to move it. Bit far for you to go on a wild goose chase

This is the one that originally said on the listing "Not for sale. Please contact if you bought this from such and such on eBay the other week". I think its safe to say that if you send money for this you'll regret it. A lot.

Ask which courier he's using. 2750 is great price in current market. I'd get one of the Scottish guys to grab it then get Martin to move it. Bit far for you to go on a wild goose chase
Think the seller is talking about Martin, they said that he only moves pinball machines. Then again Martin moves arcades around so maybe not.

I've been contacted too!!!! Smells a bit fishy anyone know what happened first time?

I got an email via ebay for him today asking if I would be interested to buy his addams, scam alert me thinks

I think the guy who posted asking for information was trying to find out from the buyer of the sellers other auction if he had had any luck getting his machine or any contact from the seller.

If you see a TAF under £3500 in any condition its probably a scam. If you see a TAF in a log cabin its definitely a scam. Etc.

This was the message I received

New message from: gill_mars (131pics.ebaystatic.com_aw_pics_icon_iconTealStar_25x25.gif)

Hi. I have been messed about by the person that was buying the Addams family machine. Was wondering if you might still be interested?

I tried somthing similar i said list with a buy it now,and i will come and collect.
The reply recieved was

gill_mars
Can t do that due to my seller rating. Don t sell stuff really very much. Only had to do that with the machines as dad died and seemed best way. And i would need a decent deposit as the guy that was supposed to take it just mucked me about really bad. One excuse after another about why he kept putting collecting it off time and again.

Paid via PayPal
No pin. Can't get hold of the seller and mobile number number is switch off all the time
Hoping some body out there will be in the same situation waiting for there tz to arrive
Thanks

This was the message I received

New message from: gill_mars (131pics.ebaystatic.com_aw_pics_icon_iconTealStar_25x25.gif)

Hi. I have been messed about by the person that was buying the Addams family machine. Was wondering if you might still be interested?
For me this is not unheard of, I have contacted losing bidders a few times when a sale has fell through and secured a real buyer. Offering to pay for the courier on an already underpriced machine would set alarm bells ring for me...
But wait... This person has a 100% happy record from 131 transactions. Maybe not a scam after all, so I did a little extra digging and found his score was all as a buyer. Not one transaction as a seller. For me SCAM

I tried somthing similar i said list with a buy it now,and i will come and collect.
The reply recieved was

gill_mars
Can t do that due to my seller rating. Don t sell stuff really very much. Only had to do that with the machines as dad died and seemed best way. And i would need a decent deposit as the guy that was supposed to take it just mucked me about really bad. One excuse after another about why he kept putting collecting it off time and again.
exactly, it doesn`t need to be on ebay as a buy it now for you to buy it, if they won`t let you drive up in a van with cash on collection it`s a scam, I`ve called sellers bluff a couple of times on gumtree with this van and cash offer, they start to panic and give loads of reasons why I can`t do that, utter bulls&&7e

Member since 2014 [emoji848]I often unnecessarily mistrust ebayers, just because they're not good communicators. If you have your wits about you and go down the cash/van route, I'd say it's worth calling them out, ask for photos of something they'd not be able to find on google - like a close-up of one of the existing photos, where there's a mark/scuff that'd prove they actually have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the golden rules of scamming is to offer a special deal. So special that folk think they are lucky. So special that they make quick decisions. So special that they do not undertake the normal sense checks they may ordinarily employ

Anyone smart enough to post on ebay is smart enough to spend 5 minutes establishing what the item is probably worth

If you see an advert in the "Backwater Herald" newspaper mini-ads - then maybe you can get an Addams for daft money. But not via the web

Cummon man, there's gotta be someone local in Scotland that can call their bluff and check it out?

I could will be in Edinburgh on Sunday but he never replied to me via the listing when it was running

I already did that when they were selling the TZ told them i was more interested in the taf the reply I got was it was their dead dad's favourite and it might be up for sale in a couple of months I replied that I was only about an hour away could I come and view it as I didn't mind waiting a couple of months depending on condition would be very interested in it and all I got after that was radio silence.
Read into that as you will I think scam.
I havn't received another message to say it was for sale funnily enough.

Paid via PayPal
No pin. Can't get hold of the seller and mobile number number is switch off all the time
Hoping some body out there will be in the same situation waiting for there tz to arrive
Thanks

^^^^

See this bit here, this is what happened to the last person to give gill_mars money.

So somebody new needs to message him saying they are too far away to pick it up in person. Then see how fast he responds.

(I'm not getting involved though, its a foregone conclusion)

Back
Top Bottom