What's new

EBay auctions 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't NIB prices eventually hold pinflation?

I know there's a few classic titles that in minty condition go for more than nib but generally it's gonna make you think paying at or over nib prices for an old machine isn't it?
And if the dollar rate improved.,,.

Unlikely since Stern are pushing the prices up on their new pins all the time. The ceiling keeps moving.

Unlikely since Stern are pushing the prices up on their new pins all the time. The ceiling keeps moving.
Eventually, if not now, less people will buy NIB and maybe less people will sell their games as just getting too hard to find decent games that haven't had crazy mark up's.

Pins to me arnt an investment it's just a way if enjoying my savings - and hopefully getting that money back at the end - -a liquid asset .

Eventually, if not now, less people will buy NIB and maybe less people will sell their games as just getting too hard to find decent games that haven't had crazy mark up's.

That will make the price rises on older games even worse than it is now. Supply and demand etc.

What's the going rate for a de st25th anniversary pin in good nick? My old man has spied one in an auction and is tempted...who fixed one up a while ago and did new string lights was it @PeteB ? If so Pete if the string lights are not working ( can't see them on in any pictures) is it an easy/costly fix?

What's the going rate for a de st25th anniversary pin in good nick? My old man has spied one in an auction and is tempted...who fixed one up a while ago and did new string lights was it @PeteB ? If so Pete if the string lights are not working ( can't see them on in any pictures) is it an easy/costly fix?
I'd be happy 900 - 1200

Anything under a grand from an auction and I think you've got a good deal as I'm assuming you won't get much chance to test it out.

I did a Hook, and t's the same stuff but I didn't put new lights in. There are 2 parts to it, the little controller board in the back box and the rope light itself. Providing the bulbs aren't shot everything about it is repairable.

Reactions: JT.

I've got one but I want £1400 for it - I'm in no rush to sell though so will wait for the right money! Has had the full works including a new cool blue DMD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas, I'll do further investigation and report back but I'll assume the string lights are shot so need to cost a fix, cheers Pete will assume pennies over pounds on that, thinking have a punt at 1k depending on what the auction fees are on top....

I just read the full blurb and amongst the usual ripped from Wikipedia bs it's apparently had only one owner. I have a few pics and the blurb on email can any of you guys pm me your emails so I could forward on the email for your opinion please?

Just popped up on the bay £995 or best offer needs work cyclone project anyone?
i.ebayimg.com_images_g_QuAAAOSw5cNYNYkd_s_l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Vintage Pinball machine Cyclone

I did the chase lights on mine with blue smd led's, posted it somewhere on here, again I would want 1400 for mine, pinled was 180 never mind all else that was done!

Ronnie

Just popped up on the bay £995 or best offer needs work cyclone project anyone?

Look at this on eBay
Vintage Pinball machine Cyclone

I like the game, and the playfield on that one might clean up nicely (much nicer than the one I had anyway) but if it isn't booting up you'd want to check the cpu isn't acid damaged beyond repair, and even then £995 is surely about double you'd want to pay for a project Cyclone??

Cheers Ronnie. That's a nice price for yours I might just point my dad in your direction instead!
And it's only just up the road for you to collect (for your dad) giving him an excuse to visit over Christmas to take it back down the road.

Still has switches and drop targets fitted so you'd think light sockets, would of been so much nicer if it was done properly.

By the way how much does a complete Buck Rodgers go for?
£100 and that's on a good day.

Think people are looking at tilt www.tiltcycle.com and thinking they can copy him.

Would be good if someone over here could do things like this to recycle unusable pinball parts, but it would have to be done with taste and respect.

Dam, I've just shared a business idea with the masses!

I found buck Rogers boring in 1979! an arcade in Burnham on Sea where my grandparents lived always had only gottlieb pins . countdown torch totem genie etc. meanwhile the sea front arcades had firepower xenon flash etc but the small arcade was 10p 5 balls not 3 lol. I have a framed glass for buck and like many games of this era it's the best part

General question about ebay international: are you protected when paying for an item bought from a foreign seller which never turns up? In this hypothetical situation the item would be bought on the ebay site from a different country.
Anybody got any experience in this?
In the uk i would expect ebay to give me my money back if i don't receive the item. What about at an international level?

General question about ebay international: are you protected when paying for an item bought from a foreign seller which never turns up? In this hypothetical situation the item would be bought on the ebay site from a different country.
Anybody got any experience in this?
In the uk i would expect ebay to give me my money back if i don't receive the item. What about at an international level?

Yeah, you're covered. Actually you have to be very careful listing anything on eBay lately as they automatically sign you up to the Global Shipping Program without telling you. So someone buys your item and you have to send it to a PO Box which then sends it on to another country. Its wide open to scams with people claiming they haven't received the item. But yes as a buyer you are very much covered.

Ok. In this case there is a seller on ebay france with an ij for 2.8k euros, avengers for 2.5k and avatar for 2.5k euros. It says it includes delivery (which i presume is limited to france but could be Calais). Looked a bit cheap to me for these titles but if you are covered that limits your risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom