What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Tron pic/vid?

cooldan

i like pizza
Does anyone remember the video (or maybe it was just a picture) that some pinhead made long before Tron was designed and built by Stern in 2011? Was it Phil? Or Will? Or Ivan?

anyone here remember what I'm talking about?

You mean the leaked pics of Tron prototype #.0001 by GrizZ Pinball ? , featuring the revolutionary plasmacab(TM) :D

Or I *think* that someone had actually done a Tron retheme on an older solid state game ....that vaguely rings a bell. ( Think a link to that was maybe posted on UKPinball years ago, of course you can't even search for stuff on there now so good luck finding the link, Yahoo in their infinite wisdom seem to think everyone wants to interweb party like its 1995 )

These are the only pics that exist of the Tron prototype. It's whereabouts are now unknown, probably in collectors hands somewhere. As Dan pointed out this existed long before Sterns Tron, the influences can be clearly seen in their game ...mainly that its based on Tron.

Tron Pinball Proto 002.jpg

Below we see some Multi-orb (TM) action, showing off the Plasmacab (TM) lighting to nice effect. The Tron figure rises up from the playfield during certain gamemodes - a similar toy was used by Stern in their own Ironman, they claim that was pure coincidence. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.

Tron Pinball Proto 012.jpg

And here we get a closer look at the Lightcycle Grid Upper playfield

Tron Pinball Proto 009.jpg

Wish that version was made looks more fun than the actual production one :)

Back
Top Bottom