What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drool While You Can

mufcmufc

Staff member
Alias
Nik
First time Les has ever put up pics of his collection, normally if he sells a pin he shows only a picture of that pin. Some people may or may not know who he is and or what he owns, you will now if you look at this auction and dream
biggrin-1.png

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&autorefresh=true

He is a great guy and his games basement is stunning

Especially love the two beer fridges
smile-1.png

TYHO' date=' post: 1677485 said:
He is a great guy and his games basement is stunning

Especially love the two beer fridges
smile-1.png

Thats you all over Poi, sod the pinball where's the beer.

Just round the corner from me. Already out of my price range!

Is this the guy who was selling a tafg a couple of years back?

Wonder if the Chinese manufacturers are watching:oops:, amazing how some machines go for silly money and it's totally acceptable and then on the flip side Dave got grief on the group for listing his AFM which was totally refurbished (stunning) for similar money (also the grief Manny endured), that's just pinball and fads I guess.

Dave's AFM is now virtually same price as the MM. Give me the AFM anyday!

These were 3500 last year if you could find one. It seems like you could double that now!

F*cks sake! Yep, i'll never own an MM at this rate. I only want the damn thing cos it reminds me of my college years. I think i'll set my sights elsewhere now. *sighs*

That guys gamesroom is Ace. He's got all the good titles, and look to be in great nick too. Big bang bar? Wow. Cant be many of them in the UK.

Rus121' date=' post: 1677513 said:
F*cks sake! Yep, i'll never own an MM at this rate. I only want the damn thing cos it reminds me of my college years. I think i'll set my sights elsewhere now. *sighs*

That guys gamesroom is Ace. He's got all the good titles, and look to be in great nick too. Big bang bar? Wow. Cant be many of them in the UK.

Russ - dont fret .... believe it or not MM is NOT the holy grail - its just another pinball machine. So many other good games out there.

Personally I look at that collection and think - yep very nice, but needs a bit of variety , some more 70s/80s solid states , some Sys 11s etc - I dont care much for the late 90s Williams 'cookie cutter' games, you've seen one fan layout ...you've seen em all.

I actually find it disheartening when I walk into someones games room and its the same old 'good' titles. I guess I'm just gettin old and jaded, seen it all before
rolleyes-1.gif
....hahaha

Not knocking the guy, each to their own of course -and the games look beautiful, and the setup is sweet.

I know what your saying there, Ive. I agree with needing more variety, and some of the older pins really grab my attention. Buuuut.....

The need for an MM is purely a sentimental one. I know all to well how it plays, but i can assure you, its more than that for me. It was the first pin i went hunting for back when i knew sod all about pinball and just wanted the game that was in my local college pub. Imagine my horror when i find out its not as easily attainable as i once thought. Just my luck......

I know what your saying about the same old titles and all, but i grew up in the dmd era. My Dad got me into pins, but even he slags the dmd variety due to his constant mantra of "pinball is for attracting girls, not for fun" sort of ********. When i try to tell him that they dont give a **** about some bloke playing pinball anymore, he quaffs "That because they're Dykes, son"....haha.....the old git.

Anyway, i will wait to see if the new rumours of the MM remake turns out to be true or not. I heard an annoucment will be made early next year. Probably just a rumour, but i have now heard it from several sources so fingers crossed i might actually get one in my lifetime.

believe it or not MM is NOT the holy grail - its just another pinball machine

Wise words Yoda, wise words indeed
smile-1.png

When i try to tell him that they dont give a **** about some bloke playing pinball anymore, he quaffs "That because they're Dykes, son"

biggrin-1.png
I just spat tea all over my keyboard from laughing at that
biggrin-1.png
People in the office gave me a right funny look.

This machine will go the distance. It will be the first in a very long time to do so, So at long last we will be able to see what a good condition MM sell's for on ebay.
rolleyes-1.gif

jonathan' date=' post: 1677571 said:
£6540 is my guess

Easily.

Am I the only one that thinks that MM is pretty shallow rules wise? Yes, it has humour but after hearing "They took our pinball machine" for the 20th time, it soon wears thin.

Its mad to think that something like The Shadow can still be had for under £1k when MM is going for these prices

jonathan' date=' post: 1677573 said:
Its mad to think that something like The Shadow can still be had for under £1k when MM is going for these prices

Or the Flintstones for about £600-700 which is the dogs ******** for that kind of dollar

Flintstones is a great game and you can bet the next one to sell on ebay will sail past 1K.

Just listing it as we speak (lol), wonder if the sale of this nice MM will tease some other owners to realise the capital in their prized possession, does not usually apply to this title but seeing as it’s going to break all the records.. we may see a glut of them on ebay £6000 BIN

I hope to God the market is flooded with cheap repro's of MM. Then the douches who put on 1000 games on their machines in 11 years will **** themselves and try to get rid.

jonathan' date=' post: 1677592 said:
I hope to God the market is flooded with cheap repro's of MM. Then the douches who put on 1000 games on their machines in 11 years will **** themselves and try to get rid.

I can understand the desire for a run of repro MM, but I don't get this logic. Yes, he may not have played it every single day, but with a collection that large, 1000 plays over 11 years isn't completely ignoring it. Further, he's auctioning it - there's no outrageous BIN price, and no indication he is a 'douche'. Like eBay or not, the auction did not start off overpriced. This just seems to be incredibly mean spirited reasoning to 'hope to god' for repros.

Fair play for him letting the auction run, but you can't tell me there aren't people in the UK who are sitting on this pin, not because they think it's the best pin ever made but because they know it is going up in value.! I've actually been told as much by one person!

jonathan' date=' post: 1677599 said:
Fair play for him letting the auction run, but you can't tell me there aren't people in the UK who are sitting on this pin, not because they think it's the best pin ever made but because they know it is going up in value.! I've actually been told as much by one person!

Well, if you own anything and you know it is going up in value, would there not be a temptation to sit on it and see what happens? Seems fairly logical?

I have resigned myself to never owning a MM because I could have 3 titles I really like for same price.....

No, I had a mint TZ and a £900 Taf that I could have sat on. I was more interested in playing different pins than making a profit though so traded them

Back
Top Bottom