What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr Dude sound

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Ok, so I’ve had poor sound on my Dr Dude for sometime. Now according to pin wiki it uses the D-11581 sound board. Instead of fixing this board I’d be as well as getting a pinsound board as I already upgraded the speakers. I see both pinsound boards are compatible with system 11. However Dr Dude is not listed. I take it the reason for this is that the sound has not been extracted from the roms?

Can anybody here do this, also who would be best to service/replace caps on my original soundboard..

Last edited:
Spoke with the pinsound guys. Currently even if I extracted the music from the roms the pinsound board would need OS update for it to work. It’s in their plans.. so need to get this original D-11581 board serviced..

Radical works with system 11. But you are correct - Dr Dude does not.

On system 11 I now recap all the electrolytics. It is an easy job.

If using original displays do your power board too.

I tend not to have a lot of issues with that era of sound board. In the past on a Dr Dude I did take a signal into a 2.1 amplifier which improved the sound a hell of a lot.

It was on the volume pot - used an isolation transformer and put two mono feeds into the amp. Ran a 12v brick adaptor in the bottom of the cab and wired all the speakers individually to the amp.

At a starting point. I’d like to replace the capacitor’s on the sound card. I see Phil doesn’t stock them and pinball mania is closed. Where is the best place to get them ?

Back
Top Bottom