What's new

Does RFM v1.9 exist? a grail search..

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Does anyone know if RFM v1.9 exists, how it was created and where the files are?

I was of the opinion that v1.8 was the last version created, which was a version created with the help of some ex williams employees around 10 years ago when myself and some other pinheads were helping me create the internet based tournament system.

Having read some other posts though recently on pinside it seems a newer version is now around with some updated game rules? Very intriguing... So is this a version moved forward from v1.8 and a recent creation, or is it some version found somewhere in the depths of a dusty arcade storage unit???

Hmmmm, i want to know more.... :)

Can these not be extracted and uploaded to IPDB? Or did something change with the later software versions?

Yep i spoke to knazzo and he didnt have the files anymore. I'm also aware of the pinside thread and the defunct website download. I have other leads now though so things are in progress. I will update again here once i have more info. Things look promising :)

Yep i spoke to knazzo and he didnt have the files anymore. I'm also aware of the pinside thread and the defunct website download. I have other leads now though so things are in progress. I will update again here once i have more info. Things look promising :)

I thought @strobey had it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't think so, unless ive really missed a trick! I've just powered mine on and looks like the PSU has died, so can't confirm.

Will go back though my stream footage later and check.

Tim

Do you have the defunct website url by chance?

I once found a download link to either 1.8 or 1.9 and followed that - it was a virus ! Luckily it did not affect the MAC os but it was not the files I was looking for!

I thought Jim at @myPinballs actually wrote 1.8 so this thread is a learning curve for me as well.... (by the way - I bought an RFM with the MyPinballs saucers and they are amazing - they are so much better than the Bill Ung ones!).

Will be interested in hearing the outcome of this saga. Would love these files in mine.

Nope I have 1.5

I streamed 0.1 some time ago and was surprised to see animation and gfx which I'd never noticed before.

It's certainly more primitive and old modes such as "Dwights Drive-in" is reachable straight off the bat, which actually I'd never seen before (called Drive-in Demolotion in recent version)

The hunt continues I guess...

Tim

It's been a while since I made a virtual machine of the nucore image, didn't it have a menu select at the beginning to select the game? Wouldn't be too hard to run a bash script just a case of mapping the buttons on the pinball.

Well, the weekend just gone was a rather good one. Update located and is a move ahead of v1.8 . If the creator of this update wants to share it then i will help make it available.

IMG_2457.JPG

IMG_2458.JPG

Share Jim?

Not sure yet. I am talking to the creator of it about various things. Was more of an experimental release so not sure, but I will say it’s a good time to be an RFM owner. More to come. Maybe my tournament server will start up again to sometime.

If the creator is worried about litigation from Scientific Games or possibly PPS, I don't think that's of any concern.

Non-commercial not-for-sale software mods are fair use.

If the creator is worried about litigation from Scientific Games or possibly PPS, I don't think that's of any concern.

Non-commercial not-for-sale software mods are fair use.

...and further to this Jim, if you need to be free of these worries then hit me up a PM and I can arrange something to get these files distributed far and wide.

I would love to see RFM and SWEP1 tournament servers up and running, a bit of modern day online gaming would be great with these old games.

Back
Top Bottom