What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctor Who Help

Chris

Registered
Hi All,

Can anyone help me with a problem that seems to have developed on my Doctor Who. Really struggling to get it to start a game.

Thought it was the start button switch, but it isn't as I have ruled that out as it sounds like the switch is clicking. But to test switched it into my Twillight and it starts a game every time. Have also checked in the back box and j206 and j208 and cannot find anything obvious?

Anything else I should be checking please?

Home for Christmas and fancied a few games before it goes to a new home early in 2018.

Cheers,

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you run through a switch test Chris ? My first port of call would be the trough area.

Last edited:
Check along the row and column that that switch is on on the switch matrix? Look for broken solder, diode off or broken wire. Reseat all relavant connectors.

It's possibly the coin door pcb, I'd reflow the header pins first as an easy first stab. Then look at continunity testing the wires from the MPU to the coin door PCB and possibly reflowing header pins on the MPU.

Good luck! :thumbs:

@Chris
Have you managed to sort it?

No not had chance yet, been ill the last couple of days. Typical with Christmas as well. Hoping to work through the suggestions posted above by the good people of the forum in the next day or so and report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom