What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do New Sterns Prices Come Down?

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Hi all,

Thanks for all being awesome on this forum, really getting into this now and find myself wanting a pin more and more, as I have for a while. In terms of the new Sterns, does the price come down over time? The GB is my ultimate game, as a huge GB fan (hence the home made proton pack) and I think the game itself is awesome, I have seen thinks like TDK and FG come down in price but GB being pretty new, sticking at £4.5k+ - will this generally stay there, should I just save like mad, or get in lower and work up because it will stay that high.

Thanks for reading :)

It will come down in time, but is still very new.

Much like a new car there's some depreciation. Depending on popularily it may then hold price or increase again.
You would probably jave to virtually give a wwe away whereas a tron le is almost double the original price

They depreciate fast from NIB and then kind of hit a level where they stay.

As for GB don't wait too long as I am sure when the color DMD comes out, it will increase in popularity again.

Agree with replay on all that they always find a level and I would say around the 5k mark for a nice huo I sold a ex op one one as is for £4500 last year I think ex op ones may come down a bit in time when they reach the second hand market colour display and new code updates always increases popularity

"
Hey Stern Pinball Fans! Jared here with a little news from HQ!

As you have now hopefully become accustomed, Zach has been sharing the “Stern Of The Union” (SOTU) on the first Tuesday of each month. Due to the holidays today’s release has been postponed until next week on January 9th.

There are some exciting code updates “imminent” so make sure you stay tuned here to Stern Pinball FB for that information when it’s ready!"

From SOTU at the start of December....
Status of Code:

We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here are some of the latest updates and status of things in the works and as always, if you do encounter any bugs please feel free to provide information to bug.report@sternpinball.com:

• Guardians of the Galaxy – We have several updates coming before the holidays, with 1.0 slated for January. We’re still working hard on balancing and polishing sound assets; it’s an ongoing process and clearly we are aware of some of the issues. We have every intention to make the audio package and game experience spectacular.
  • Star Wars – The team is hard at work and we’re still looking at releasing 1.0 code in early December. In case you missed it from last month the updates will include bug fixes, score balancing and additional speech. Some of the content will be:
    • Escape from Hoth, Escape from Tatooine, Battle Above Endor will get polish and rule enhancements with some cool added effects
    • Depending on which character you select, the heroes will receive additional perks with Leia’s bonus increasing all scoring in the 4th missions, Han increasing the timer to last longer during the Escape from Boba Fett mode and Luke’s bonus adding a higher scoring opportunity in the Light Saber Duel mode.
  • Batman ’66 – The dedicated programming team is still working on another release around the New Year. This will include additional minor villain modes into the mix.
  • Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
  • Aerosmith – Aerosmith will be getting a little more polish.
  • KISS – KISS code will have a final update in the near future as well.
  • Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time either! (i.e. The Walking Dead v1.60)

Star Wars was updated 12 Dec... GOTG 21st Dec.....

And my hunch is that Colordmd are waiting on the final Code Drop for GB before releasing... (they dont have to update it again then once the new code is out....) - Well thats what usually happens!!

"
Hey Stern Pinball Fans! Jared here with a little news from HQ!

As you have now hopefully become accustomed, Zach has been sharing the “Stern Of The Union” (SOTU) on the first Tuesday of each month. Due to the holidays today’s release has been postponed until next week on January 9th.

There are some exciting code updates “imminent” so make sure you stay tuned here to Stern Pinball FB for that information when it’s ready!"

From SOTU at the start of December....

Star Wars was updated 12 Dec... GOTG 21st Dec.....

And my hunch is that Colordmd are waiting on the final Code Drop for GB before releasing... (they dont have to update it again then once the new code is out....) - Well thats what usually happens!!
this update is almost exactly what Stern has needed for a few years! no need to give everything away, but at least something is better than nothing...

Darn it - that means when my bonus drops, I might not be able to get a GB even then...

Probably doesn’t help you but if you like the theme so much I’d really recommend the premium version - it’s how the game was intended to be designed and adds a lot to the game in my view with an extra ramp, proper subway system and the magna slings which make the game a lot of fun. It is a game where ball control is king because of the wide flipper gap and the pops top return. I love the game though it’s fabtastic. The new code update I really can’t wsit for!

I think GB won’t move in price for a while and from what I heard from Sam at Chief those ops with the game won’t wsnt to shift it as it’s quite a high earner.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom