What's new

DMDMK66 to PIN2DMD ?

Crewey

Site Supporter
Received a WCS94 which has the 'interesting' limited colour palette from a pinballsp DMDMK66.

Having googled I can see it is possible to convert the MK66 to pin2dmd to achieve full colour, however it appears difficult ?

Any help or advice appreciated before I disappear down the rabbit hole.
Thanks

I’ve moved this dmd to Tommy and put the colorDMD LED in WCS94, the Dmdmk66 was drawing power from the incorrect place on WCS

I believe it is possible to convert those but every pin2dmd I had from him prior to him doing is 'own thing' (I use that term loosely) broke within 2 years.

Personally - keep the panels and order a pin2dmd evo backboard.

I install a seperate power supply into any machine with a PIN2DMD. Keeps the strain off your power driver board.

I believe it is possible to convert those but every pin2dmd I had from him prior to him doing is 'own thing' (I use that term loosely) broke within 2 years.

I install a seperate power supply into any machine with a PIN2DMD. Keeps the strain off your power driver board.
Probably will eventually tbf, as it's now in Tommy I've changed the colour palette to black, red, white & blue which kind of suits the Union Jack heavy theming

@Terranigma May be able to advise.....

Back
Top Bottom