What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD WCS94 issue

Hal9000

Registered
Always the case, I'm hosting a poker night this weekend and all of a sudden the DMD is on the fritz... See pic

I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting all leads to the DMD. Next switch-on the screen worked but only showed the WCS94 logo.. Power cycled and it was back to the state pictured.

Is it just busted or is there a chance poker night can be saved?

Any help much appreciated!

Hal
df167ebfd1e650f0d2556503c4d69ea5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like it maybe getting power with the dots at the base, i would reseat all the ribbon connectors and then reassess

Yep - ribbon cables. Try swapping the ends round. Make sure you match up the red stripe side at each connector when you reconnect - eg red side to pin 1 at both ends.

Could also be worth giving the pins at each end a clean with isopropyl alcohol and/or a fibreglass pen.

Do you have another game to swap ribbons with ?

Press home the square asic chip on the cpu by pushing with your thumb around the edges of the chip. Make sure power is off when you do it.

Legends the lot of ya.

Unplugged all ribbons, got some iso on a few pins, reconnected them all and bobs your uncle. Now I can entertain myself after my inevitable early bust in the poker. Cheers!
8a60fbae84432215862a8f2cd5336e39.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom