What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired DMD Led Color DMDMK66 128x32, 192x64, 128x16 manufactured by Pinballsp

Expired Due to no activity
How much better can it get. Only started as a low res grid.

Technology gets better. In 2 years the leds will be amazing. The pi will be heavily improved too.

You have to make sure when using a pi it won't be superseeded

Would be great to get a display like on Aerosmith on old games but that will need people to animate things and use the old dmd controller to trigger things

Have you seen the Stern iron man someone has messed with?

Would be great to get a display like on Aerosmith on old games but that will need people to animate things and use the old dmd controller to trigger things

Have you seen the Stern iron man someone has messed with?

I think that's a bit over the top for most games.

Aside from the individual's obvious dedication on Iron Man, it's a great candidate for something like that ... because most of the stuff on the DMD is horrific half or one third screen 128*32 dot-ised video. Even after colouration it looks dreadful. Same with TRON or GoT or a number of other Stern titles.

Already avaible last and final version of DMDST32, this is the "12VDC Ready Edition" to connect directly to 12V DC, so do not need anymore AC power supply (though yet may install if somebody request for some special application).

Improve design, better look, more compact and lightweight. Add optional two buffers to may connect a Topper (soon I will offer the Topper kit), replace DIP switch by pusth button to enter in update mode (DIP switched failed frequently). Cables between led panels are now custom with correct length, both power cables connectors are very short with 4 wires soldered directly under board.

Today I start to ship first batch of DMDST32 12VDC Ready Edition. Thank you everybody for support, and for patience to wait for last orders, unfortunately the led panel manucturer changed panel design and I had to change PCB board, send to manufacturer and wait for it. LEd Panel manufacturer said me that this new led panels " Refresh rate more good and more better remove shadow effect ", so I will test as soon as possible to see if remove the bleeding.

And this will be the last version I will do about DMDST32, no more improvements, no new versions, I will manufacture this until I release my new product DMDMK64 (hardware and firmware from me).

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty11.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty12.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty16.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty15.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty13.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty14.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty17.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty19.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty20.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty21.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty18.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty22.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty23.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty24.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty25.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty27.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty26.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty28.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty29.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_sin_ty30.jpg

Testing the new Led panels, there is no bleeding, so this new led panel model improves the image. These will be from now the Led panels that will install all "DMDST32 12V DC" and future DMDMK64.

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_bleedi10.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_bleedi12.jpg

i58.servimg.com_u_f58_19_51_27_33_bleedi11.jpg

Last edited:
Its white is also more white. The other one has a significant blueish-green colour cast.

Interesting that they've made it a little denser, too - individual LEDs are slightly closer together and the overall size has shrunk by 2mm or so - is this likely to prove a problem re: fitting?

Its white is also more white. The other one has a significant blueish-green colour cast.

Interesting that they've made it a little denser, too - individual LEDs are slightly closer together and the overall size has shrunk by 2mm or so - is this likely to prove a problem re: fitting?

Dimensions and Leds seem exactly same. If we see the Led up close, they are in a different orientation, but the main and important difference is the electronic board, it's a new design, also different position of connectors.

And there is a special feature, important to may use these new led panels, but I keep it secret to avoid giving information to competitors.

oi68.tinypic.com_n6721f.jpg

oi64.tinypic.com_wasrbn.jpg

oi63.tinypic.com_2rfzbqv.jpg

oi65.tinypic.com_eg7giq.jpg

Last edited:
IF your competitors want to have these "new" type of panels they'll get them in just a week. Chinese factories don't care about copyright, custom builds etc. YOU should know that... unless you produce them yourself there's absolutely NO protection.

Kind regards,
Dom

Guess it was just the perspective of the photo that made it look smaller.

What's the significance of the LEDs being made more square than round?

Guess it was just the perspective of the photo that made it look smaller.

What's the significance of the LEDs being made more square than round?

Yes, its an optical effect, the cell phone camera distort something the images.

The active area of led seem larger, but I do not think this mean increase brightness level or pixel size, probably they have replaced the led for some technical reason that I do not know

First test I only saw there is no bleeding, I will test with several games to check if there are more improvements. The manufacturer say " Refresh rate more good and more better remove shadow effect ", do not know exactly how to check if better refresh rate.

First test I only saw there is no bleeding, I will test with several games to check if there are more improvements. The manufacturer say " Refresh rate more good and more better remove shadow effect ", do not know exactly how to check if better refresh rate.

Some people are sensitive to it and can see relatively small differences.

Scientifically? If your phone camera has a slow-motion video mode, you can check that way. The new panel will, if it has a higher refresh rate, visibly refresh more often.

IF your competitors want to have these "new" type of panels they'll get them in just a week. Chinese factories don't care about copyright, custom builds etc. YOU should know that... unless you produce them yourself there's absolutely NO protection.

Kind regards,
Dom

So will you be using these new panels and redesigning your PCBs to accommodate them? Or are you going to use 'the second best' RGB panels?

It does make me smile that you only post on this forum to get orders, or to have a little moan at Luis.

This is what competition is all about.

I just wanted to mention it. Without any evaluation. This was a little unclear in my last post.

My pcbs are already designed that way that they can accommodate different types of panels.

That is also a reason I still stick on my double-board solution for now.
Also the design has been approved a lot of times.

Of course I will test them as soon as they arrive ;)
But I don't have these issues with the panels I have. These are from another factory, the mounting position of the leds is also different and it uses different chips.
Anyways, developing a new type of panels ain't a bad idea!

Regarding your statement relating my posting behavior, your right, I'm a bit quieter in this forum than I'm on others.

Competition is ok as long as it's fair.
So, good business to Luis.

Hi Luis
Sorry to be lazy but how much for the final model you will produce?
Regards
Clive

Hello Clive.

Do you mean the DMDMK64 ??, there is a lot of delay, because now I'm developing the Creature Hologram Mod, also some other custom projects on request (some for video games).
I think the best will be release a DMDMK64 first basic version, and then add new features step by step and release firmware versions, instead of wait to offer the final product with all advanced features, and apply same policy for the 192*64 and 128*16 DMDs.

If you mean the "DMDST32 12V DC Ready" with new Led panels (bleeding free), are already available, tested work very well

Last edited:
Ok, in plain non tech, what games are these for?

Are they a replacement for plasma and/or Stern red DMD?

Do they just plug in and you can use single colour ?

They look nice but I can't be the only one trying to figure out where and how these fit into the market? :confused:

Ok, in plain non tech, what games are these for?

Are they a replacement for plasma and/or Stern red DMD?

Do they just plug in and you can use single colour ?

They look nice but I can't be the only one trying to figure out where and how these fit into the market? :confused:

These work in most DMD pins. You can add files to make Bally/Williams games colour. Out the box they colourise newer STERN games very well.

Used these in my virtual pins and real pins like: Cirqus Voltaire, Family Guy - and have installed them to STTNG, Metallica and AC/DC.

Basically you can customise palettes. In older games they use 4, in newer sterns - they use 16.

Pin2DMD firmware needs to be registered via a chap called 'Lucky1' on other forums for 10 euros (or is it 10 dollars) - anyhow its about £8 when I last did one. The 'key' file goes on a micro SD card. Luis will set the panels up for you to work in your game but he can not do the registry. You can send him the file and he will put it on a card. I believe this is 8 euro extra inc SD card?

The videos do not do this product justice.

You can build a Pin2DMD yourself or buy one from people like Luis or German gaming supplies within europe.

If you are a non tech guy - The Pinball SP ones are easiest to fit.

You're remaking the MikeD hologram mod, a screen that can play videos and is customisable?

Same idea, but different hardware, firmware and videos, with new features. All original developed by me, not a copy.

My controller board capture all inputs/outputs (not only a few). User may config trigger of videos with any input (playfield switches), output (lamps, bumpers, flashers, motors, etc...) or combinations. Device connect to CPU with two flat cables, do not connect to high voltage. And in future firmware updates, will may update config or upload videos, by WIFI (wireless) from cell phone.

Hello Clive.

Do you mean the DMDMK64 ??, there is a lot of delay, because now I'm developing the Creature Hologram Mod, also some other custom projects on request (some for video games).
I think the best will be release a DMDMK64 first basic version, and then add new features step by step and release firmware versions, instead of wait to offer the final product with all advanced features, and apply same policy for the 192*64 and 128*16 DMDs.

If you mean the "DMDST32 12V DC Ready" with new Led panels (bleeding free), are already available, tested work very well

Hi

Just the "DMDST32 12V DC Ready price is what i am interested in. Also an idea of freight cost to Auckland , New Zealand 2016
Thanks
Clive

Hi

Just the "DMDST32 12V DC Ready price is what i am interested in. Also an idea of freight cost to Auckland , New Zealand 2016
Thanks
Clive

Hello Clive
About freight cost I must check with Packlink, because with my usual Courier it's very expensive to New Zealand. By Packlink minimal 69€ (up to 3kg weight, this is 1 to 3 DMD in same package), but do not know if include customs taxes from origin, or they add to freight cost, I never have ship by Packlink, I want to try it also for USA and Canada.

DMDST32 price 184€ (without extras) + freight cost.
Optional extras; WIFI +9€, Amber filter +19€, Micro SD card preconfigured +9€, Topper connector with buffers +12€, RS232 serial port +9€, Enhancer chip for SAM/Spike +9€, Flat cable 1.70cm for external Topper +18€, external power supply for 100-250VAC +19€. Payment by TT or Paypal.

I'm preparing a topper kit to connect directly to DMDST32 12VDC, with two P5 led panels (double size than DMD), 1.75cm flat cable and power supply cable.

Last edited:
I think group buying for NZ (or Australia) would minimise shipping costs. Try to get a few others interested. Going to be way more expensive sending one at a time.

How and where can I buy one of these beauties for my Theatre of Magic, and how much is it gonna cost to get to the South Coast of the UK?

Hi you seem to be doing some good stuff here but the thread is becoming long and too convoluted.

Why not start a new thread to sell these displays with all the cost details listed in plain english including shipping costs and leave the original thread for all your other projects and for all the comments
and questions.

Back
Top Bottom