What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demolition Man switch 47 and claw issue

ZBY

Registered
Hi guys. I am freshly baked Demolition Man owner. And from the start to make this pinball machine works I was forced to replace display and CPU board+other things (had a mobile service engineer visiting). It was a painful and v expensive. All was good for a +-30 games until claw started to fail (went far to the left where it stuck). I have forced it by hand to the right position and it does work, only issue with it's, that stops just bit to short from the further left ramp. I can drop ball there when claw is on the move and ball is carrying some speed - a bit of practice.
2. Switch 47 issue, I have not a clue how switch looks like, where it is and how to test it.
Please help me 🙏

Where about in the UK are you ?
If close to someone on here they may be willing to help.

Maybe forcing the claw has resulted in the two opto switches which keep track of it no longer being in sync with the actual claw itself; you said it was stuck furthest left, so forcing it may have moved the attachment of the claw. i.e. the switches show that it's furthest left, but in fact it isn't quite where it's meant to be. The assembly drawing on page 2-27 shows that the 'claw support arm' is secured to the shaft of the claw motor with a couple of small grub screws.

Going by the switch chart, No. 4,7 is 'Right Ramp Exit' - the microswitch on the wire track leading down to the right slingshot/return lane.

Maybe forcing the claw has resulted in the two opto switches which keep track of it no longer being in sync with the actual claw itself

Yeah forcing it is never good but I also doubt that is whats happened unless the grub screws are very loose or missing, the shaft is flattened both ends, the cam and optos are both fixed so very little chance of it going out of sync by forcing it, unless like i said the grub screws are very loose or missing then it would spin on the shaft. Could be dirty opto? Mine had a jamming gearbox which caused a similar issue but the claw locked to the right and said the claw was out of range.

switch 47 is this one.

demoman2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom