What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demolition Man - Start & Ball Launch Button Fault

Jason Catrine

Registered
Hi guys,

Just took delivery of a Demo Man today that I am going to be looking after for a while as the owner has no space for it. It has been stored elsewhere for a while before this too so not sure of its history. At the minute, the start button lights up and flashes but isn't doing anything when I press it. Also, when I go in to test some other switches, the ball launch button and also the trigger buttons that are mounted above the sides of the cabinet on this game aren't registering either. It does seem as though these specific buttons are all on the same wiring loom so I was assuming something might be loose somewhere. The issue is, I cant see anything that appears to be loose or unplugged anywhere. So my questions for all you good people are....... is there a fuse that I need to check for these buttons? Anyone know off hand which connector in the backbox is related to the start button so i can try re-seating it? Anyone any ideas where I am best to start troubleshooting? I suspect i'll need to check all the wiring with a multimeter but figured it was worthwhile asking here before I go down that rabbit hole.

Thanks,
Jason.

Just turned it on again a second ago and getting - check fuses F114 and F115 so I assume those are going to be the culprits. Off to find my spare fuses.

Just turned it on again a second ago and getting - check fuses F114 and F115 so I assume those are going to be the culprits. Off to find my spare fuses.

Ok. Good luck - chances are unfortunately it may not just be a fuse. Have a look at the Pinwiki for info.

I had this on TZ last year and it turned out to be failing bridge rectifier.

Start button goes to j207 and j209

F114 is for the 18v lamp matrix
F115 is for 12v lamp matrix

I kept getting the same fuse issue every now and then when I received my demo man. But I had other issues too. The board had broken traces which once i'd repaired cleared up the issues and i've never had the fuse issue since

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom