What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decent DMM?

edsr

Registered
Hi there, I'm assuming I'm gonna need a digital multi meter as the pin I've bought doesn't boot up.

You seem to be able to spend anything from a fiver to £100's. Just wondered if any special features or accuracy was needed for working on Pins and whether anyone had a particular one that was good value they were especially happy with..?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In hindsight and while the one I have is great, and the continuity feature has been really useful, for anyone reading this in future, get one with a Hz setting on - around the same price but also means you can check whether crystals are defective or not.

Last edited:
I didn’t know you could get ones that did that. I saw you can remove the cap from the board and then check the resistance watching it climb to infinity but I think that’s a quite crude method, so yes, definitely!

I have a Uni-t that can measure just about anything. Certainly not as good as a Fluke but a lot better that a cheapo meter.

Back
Top Bottom