What's new

Decals from Hungary on Ebay

newdos

Site Supporter
Alias
Newdos
Has anyone bought any cabinet decals from the guy in hungary on Ebay, and if so, what are they like, quality etc ?

Cheers in advance

Kev

Dare I risk it guys!!! this is the question. I need a full set of BSD decals and for £170 as opposed to about £300 from the states with Tax it seem like a good gamble!

Cheers Kev

:hmm:
Dare I risk it guys!!! this is the question. I need a full set of BSD decals and for £170 as opposed to about £300 from the states with Tax it seem like a good gamble!

Cheers Kev

I'm in exactly the same boat with some IJ decals. :hmm:

What did you order? I was going to bite the bullet and give them a go just to see (although I don't really need any) but couldn't find them, can you post a link to the set you brought so I can have a look at what they have on offer, thanks.

Well guys the decals arrived from Budapest today and gotta say they look fine, apart from a slight crease along the top edge of one of the cab decals where it's been in the postage tube - should have had some foam at each end of the tube and it didn't. Not sure where they are from originally, guessing the states as I think that is the only place you can get BSD decals from. The backing paper is the 3M type if that helps anyone. I will update again when I stick them on and see how they handle and look when finished.

Anyway looks like I may of got a bargain!!

Cheers Kev

No way they are from the US, (would not be cost effective), guaranteed they are from within 50yds of the sellers address :), who cares as long as they look good, that crease will disappear when you apply them, be good to see the pics when the jobs a good un'

Last edited:
No way they are from the US, (would not be cost effective), guaranteed they are from within 50yds of the sellers address :), who cares if they look good, that crease will disappear when you apply them, be good to see the pics when the jobs a good un'
No probs @Judge Dreads will certainly be a shop log when it gets done!!

CHeers Kev

I guess the only thing to watch out for now is how well they wear. I think somebody posted on here before about decals bought and applied where the ink rubbed off around the flipper buttons very quickly. Tempted to get a set for my Indy though as they are pretty cheap!

You could always apply a thin coating of clear stuff over the top to protect it...

Think those are listed as laminated, to me that means that they won't look like screenprint etc but will have a clear protective layer so should never wear through.
Correct @Judge Dreads dont think they are screen printed as you cannot feel the layers - so hopefully should be tough - only time will tell

Cheers Kev

Back
Top Bottom