What's new

Found it! Dead or alive! solid state pin project

deathrow

Registered
as the title.. something cheap ish needing work. Sorry no EM's

Can collect

Please pm me only

Thank you

I have a Firepower project pin, and also a LW3 project pin... sorry no pics at present, quick summary is:

Firepower
- Needs a few plastics (they're floating around on eBay)
- Works (boots, display, sound - but is in a test mode (the flippers etc work in this mode)
- If I connect up the playfield, it blows a fuse, so there's a short/bad diode etc on the playfield
- Comes with a mint condition NOS playfield, so it's a great project as you'll be able to get it looking like an original (was planning to install and clearcoat it back when I had the time to do the project)
- Cabinet is in decent shape, but has been painted with those triangles, like so many early SS in the uk! For a full restoration I would get the stencils, then you can spray it black, then the red and yellow layers (that's what I was gonna do anyway)
- Backglass in decent shape
- All displays working

LW3
- Cabinet a bit dinged
- Missing the blue police light on top
- Blows fuse at turn on (I haven't investigated further, I never got around to learning anything about DataEast, I only know Williams boards well)
- Display works (I tested it in one of my other pins)

Let me know if either are of interest, I could do with getting the space back, and I sadly don't have time to restore them (bloody real life stuff getting in the way!) :)

Ok had a few messages asking about the project machines - so hopefully tomorrow morning, but if not, definitely tomorrow night - I will come up with a price for each project machine, and also post up some photos - bear with me :)

Oh damn! - sorry I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone, for some reason I assumed everyone who messaged me would see that reply - now I've had a coffee and you've pointed it out I realise that's not how it works! Cheers for the heads-up deathrow, I will reply the same post to their PMs now. Apologies again, doing lots of overtime and buying a house, am a bit distracted at the moment! :)

Will make it clear I never pm'd johnparker!

If deathrow does not want LW3 can I be considered please?

Thanks Ronnie

To be as fair as possible, I'll offer the two machines to people in the order they posted/messaged asking about them, hope that's ok with everyone :)

Here's an update about those project machines, Firepower and LW3 :)

Firepower (plus extra NOS playfield) - £600
Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/je5unupmmsb1p1g/AAD70gaph3RlMFa4HvVSUoqGa?dl=0

Lethal Weapon 3 - £500
Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t5ubi3gsyzkzhqr/AAB41qLfo8nKcrkV-Zidd51-a?dl=0

If I've done it right, you should be able to view the pictures!

@deathrow has first refusal on these then, as it was his thread. If he doesn't want one/both, I'll offer them to the people who messaged me, in the order that they messaged me - that seems the fairest way. I wish I had the time to do the Firepower project, I was really looking forward to that one, after managing to source an NOS playfield - should come out amazing.

Thanks everyone - John :)

Ok so since the LW3 has gone to @deathrow, that leaves the Firepower project with the NOS playfield still available.

I got two messages specifically about the Firepower yesterday:

@new forest pinball messaged me at 6:36 PM
@andy messaged me at 8:38 PM

So @new forest pinball has first chance at that one, then @andy... I've PM'd @new forest pinball, I will update here with the outcome... :)

Ok so since the LW3 has gone to @deathrow, that leaves the Firepower project with the NOS playfield still available.

I got two messages specifically about the Firepower yesterday:

@new forest pinball messaged me at 6:36 PM
@andy messaged me at 8:38 PM

So @new forest pinball has first chance at that one, then @andy... I've PM'd @new forest pinball, I will update here with the outcome... :)
Good one Al..pleased you are having another go at an lw3...did not think you would go for it after the last time!? Great news all the best with it....Keith.
Well I'll definitely have it if @new forest pinball doesn't.

Come on Keith, you surely don't have the room for that as well now that you've got my Sharkey's???? ;)

Andy
Andy you are right.....no chance of me even starting this one in 2017..as I have customer commissions until then at least!! Thanks John for "first dibs"....but this projects Andy's. (Not that he has any space for it either!;):rofl:

Andy you are right.....no chance of me even starting this one in 2017..as I have customer commissions until then at least!! Thanks John for "first dibs"....but this projects Andy's. (Not that he has any space for it either!;):rofl:

Well AP went last week so there's just enough space.....I'll be full again now though!

PM incoming John! :)

Oh and reading back through the posts from yesterday I just wanted to make it clear that in my PM to John on Sunday I said I was interested in the Firepwer but that I fully accepted that @deathrow had first dibs on it as it was his thread.......

In the past I've had deals on machines that I regarded as agreed hijacked by others, much to my annoyance, and I wouldn't try and do that to anyone else!

Keith @new forest pinball seems a nice guy in dealings I've had with him too so I'm sure he wouldn't do so either.

Good luck with those customer commissions Keith, thanks for the interest.

I'm just about to PM Andy now then about the Firepower - would love to see some pics when it's done - should look so good with that NOS playfield :)

Love that game as well: continuous music, speech, kickback, lane change, multiball - it's like a 90s pins that was waaay ahead of its time!

The money from these (and future pin sales in a couple of months of a BSD, NGG and HS2 in working clean condition) are going towards house deposit and moving costs. Plan is to find one that can fit a back garden summerhouse so I'll be able to install 3 pins in there ;)

Firepower could be argued the first modern pinball. speech multiball lane change . awesome

mine also has a painted cabinet but can see no problem with a custom job as the original cab artwork is lets say "functionable"

Back
Top Bottom