What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted data east jurassic park flipper power board

jagman

Site Supporter
hi , has anyone got a fully working one of these that they want to sell, if not i will take my chance on a rottendog version although they have had problems with their version of this, thanks

I've just replaced a dead transistor + resistors on mine. I don't have a spare board I'm afraid. Is yours missing or faulty?

I've just replaced a dead transistor + resistors on mine. I don't have a spare board I'm afraid. Is yours missing or faulty?
i`m not that tech minded i`m afraid, but i think mine is faulty, some times the right hand flipper has full power then later in the game it can change to half power, very random, done the usual cleaning of contacts etc

I had the similar fault on my TFTC which is also a 3 flipper game. I'm no tech either but with my recent experience I'd sugget a transistor. Say it's your upper flipper it will have 3 transistors and probably will be one of these getting hot and failing.

SSFB.jpg

Mine was OK from cold, 10-15 mins hardly moving. Pulled the TIP36C checked with a cheap transistor tester and it showed as fault. Being intermittent it was a weird fault.

I had the similar fault on my TFTC which is also a 3 flipper game. I'm no tech either but with my recent experience I'd sugget a transistor. Say it's your upper flipper it will have 3 transistors and probably will be one of these getting hot and failing.

View attachment 147871

Mine was OK from cold, 10-15 mins hardly moving. Pulled the TIP36C checked with a cheap transistor tester and it showed as fault. Being intermittent it was a weird fault.
mine is the bottom right hand flipper, so would that be sr2 ?

I think so yes, if you power up, open the coin door and press just the right flipper button the LED (L2) will light next to the group which I think is SR2.

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 16.32.56.png
(

thanks for your help Dex-Jay , i will try that tomorrow, i think this will still be beyond myself to repair , unless anyone on the forum could check out the board and do repairs, will pay of course

I'm sure we'll get yours sorted out. Let us know how you get on.
Are your fuse holders are tight? These can be prone to cracking and being a weak link. I doubt it's these but worth a look as it is a possibility.

I'm sure we'll get yours sorted out. Let us know how you get on.
Are your fuse holders are tight? These can be prone to cracking and being a weak link. I doubt it's these but worth a look as it is a possibility.
thanks dex-jay ,i did notice there was a cable tie around one of the fuses !! , i`ll have to see what that`s about

well, took the board out completely and 1 of the fuse holders fell apart and another one had had a welding attempt on it :rolleyes: o_O and that fell apart when i touched it, ordered some fuse holders so i will solder those on when they arrive, hopefully that was the cause

Nice! Bodgit & Scarper Ltd. worked on your machine too! Sounds like they needed doing anyway!

Back
Top Bottom