What's new

Data East Jurassic Park - ball stuck on diverter ramp

S-Fredo

Registered
Hello to everyone,

I have a Jurassic Park of Data East, in a very good condition. But with a small but annoying problem: the ball gets stuck on the ramp diverter on the upper left.

202404_bille coincée sur rampe.jpg

What is the best option: to buy a new ramp diverter ? To remove and adjust the actual one ? Other ideas ?

Thank you.
Fred

Isn’t this just a case of bending it slightly to the right? Presumably over time the ball has bent it too far to the left.

You need to either bend the diverter so it sits properly or adjust it from underneath. My JP isn't with me at the moment so I can't double check, but I think you can move it from underneath. I might be wrong.

Thank you for your answers.

I think it is possible to adjust it from underneath, as suggested by David, although I am not completely sure how to do it (and I don't find anything about it on Internet). Otherwise, I will bend it.

Fred

Make sure you put a cloth over it and use two pairs of pliers, you don't want to scratch it up

Thank you for your answers.

I think it is possible to adjust it from underneath, as suggested by David, although I am not completely sure how to do it (and I don't find anything about it on Internet). Otherwise, I will bend it.

Fred

Same as any other diverter, undo the set screw (normally an allen key) which is often thread locked into place so will be VERY tight, it's on page 42 of the manual

Arm.JPG

Back
Top Bottom