What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted CV parts wanted for restore project

Lance

Registered
Maybe I am mad but this is my Sleeper Project , I realised that I always seem to have had one of
these , and then last couple of years my efforts got diverted to other stuff. So now its time to start
the next project , No time limit , no budget limit , and will probably more a labour of love.

So the challenge. I got offered a badly damaged CV. In fact more accurately it's probably more like a
bag of bits from a CV. It's a water damaged machine with a lot of bits missing. So for instance no
back glass,, no boards, lots of mechs missing , flippers , coils etc, but I have a cab and a bad play
field that is partly populated, but they are badly damaged so need to be replaced. No problem as I
you can get a new playfield now.. I also luckily have potential donor machine which is a NBA
Fastbreak. So I Could rob bits from that to get the CV working as it has the boards and flippers etc .
Of course that's means a CV lives for a NBA to die, so not ideal but I was thinking , parts wise,
between the two I should be ok, except the CV is missing more key bits very specific to the machine
and without them it's not possible to restore.

So first of all, I need to source these bits and then I can fetch a CV back from the dead.

So I need help. I need the following:
Ringmaster mechanism, the main toy on the machine
Disappearing pop bumper mech – again a very specific to this machine
Backglass
Back glass light box and all fittings! Although I think I can recreate this from NBA hardware.

I am sure there's other bits missing but most other stuff I think I can source?

Condition does not matter as I just want to get it all working and then will look to do it up.

Anyone got anything , just sitting there , waiting to be restored , repaired , rescued ? Or know of
someone who may have some bits, maybe somebody has has a spare play field with the bits I need. I am
willing to look at anything?

So come on , let's bring a machine back from the dead, can anyone help?

That's a start Chris, definitely up for all of them if I can get the rocking horse **** pieces as then the restore is a a go.

Great, definitely interested but need to get the hard to find machine specific toys. I think I will ask for help on pinside, never know who may be hoarding them somewhere!

Why not put a wanted ad over on pinside? Might get a bite? Is there a CV forum? If your serious might be worth a advert?
Tony

Yep found those guys on a search a few days ago and emailed direct. No reply yet. I seem to remember they had boxes of Williams stuff unopened. You never know

Mark came back with same answer unobtanium, pinside just ignored me. I think guys is a no hope job. So If anyone has a CV they may let go anytime let me know I back in the market for one.

Back
Top Bottom