What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom rod advice

telf

Registered
3D20CE10-0A1B-44C5-BA96-B4CA0EFE4A76.jpeg Recently purchased a custom shooter rod from the states, the rod is that tight in the guide hole that it’s not able to fire the ball, could anyone advise if it’s better to make the guide hole bigger or get a fraction shaved off the rod?
Thanks in advance Telf

As far as I know custom rods generally use a standard shaft with the knob bashes off and a new knob fitted. Your problem is probably the olite bearings at each end of the shooter housing. They are a nightmare to change but they are only brass and only less than a cm deep from both ends. So I’d suggest some emery on the inside of the bearings to free it up.

As far as I know custom rods generally use a standard shaft with the knob bashes off and a new knob fitted. Your problem is probably the olite bearings at each end of the shooter housing. They are a nightmare to change but they are only brass and only less than a cm deep from both ends. So I’d suggest some emery on the inside of the bearings to free it up.
Cheers, I’ll give that a go.

Back
Top Bottom