What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crazy prices at local auction

jagman

Site Supporter
just got back from the felix dennis 3 day auction here in the midlands, he was the founder of dennis publishing group and died around june ,i belive no kids or mrs , worth 200 million, so the auction had no reserves, 5 pinballs to chose from and here were the results including commission
batman forever (first ) cut down legs ( to children height) working dmd, week flippers ,good playfield, non working bank of targets on right hand side and ramp kicker, good cab art £2087:hmm::hmm:
batman forever (second one ) non working dmd, slow ball launch, week flippers couldn`t get up the ramps, good cab and playfield £2700 wtf:eek:
Harley Davidson (first one) power was on but wouldn`t launch ball, fair playfield £2456 again wtf
Harley Davidson (second one ) as above problems but went for £2700:rofl:
lastly a very nice tspp nice cab everything working no ware to playfield, no credit dot but no keys to look inside
this went for £4175, :tut:
hung around for a while and watched the proud new owners of the tspp, carry their prize to a 4 door pick up with the head down but with the legs still on, no straps to hold it down so the 2 teenage boys sat in the load area to stabilise it as father drove away, hopefully they lived locally, definitely going home use only,
so the trick seems to be, get rich and famous so when you go your pins will fetch mega money:cool:
or give your pride and joy to the local auction house and watch as internet bidders throw money at you without seeing the machine:p all good fun and the sun was out, so not a total waste of time
all money raised will be added to the 200 million and will be used to carry on planting trees around britain

Last edited:
I was listening to that auction on the phone with marshal, and couldn't believe it either :hmm: who who is buying at those prices?? It's madness I tell ya

The people paying those prices are the ones that think there is no pinball anywhere anymore. When they're fed up of it (probably cos. its not working properly) it'll be on Ebay for silly money, claiming it's fully working and we'll all be scoffing at it saying how much....?!

Tis the way.

Shame you didn't manage to bag anything Mark after making the trip.

@jagman i was there yesterday also at the auction. Was very interested in TSPP and started off the bidding but soon ducked out after it went WAY over what I wanted to pay. The guy who won it was also bidding on a couple of the other tables. Agree - completely crazy prices...and not just with the Pinball Machines at that auction.

The people paying those prices are the ones that think there is no pinball anywhere anymore. When they're fed up of it (probably cos. its not working properly) it'll be on Ebay for silly money, claiming it's fully working and we'll all be scoffing at it saying how much....?!

Tis the way.

Shame you didn't manage to bag anything Mark after making the trip.
no problem john, it was only about 10 miles from me,

@jagman i was there yesterday also at the auction. Was very interested in TSPP and started off the bidding but soon ducked out after it went WAY over what I wanted to pay. The guy who won it was also bidding on a couple of the other tables. Agree - completely crazy prices...and not just with the Pinball Machines at that auction.
shame we haven`t met yet andy, you could have come over and played a few games at mine, at least mine all work:rolleyes:

I was listening to that auction on the phone with marshal, and couldn't believe it either :hmm: who who is buying at those prices?? It's madness I tell ya
I saw a woman in the room winning one or the batman pins ,unsure if the other 3 pins went to the internet bids

Back
Top Bottom