What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crackly sound on fish tales.

DanLewell

Registered
Bit of background:

My fish tales started crackling last year during the league meet at my house late in the day after it had been on for most of the day.

Since the league meet it has been at a mates house so I haven’t thought about it.

It stopped working completely at his house (wouldn’t power on at all) so I’ve picked it up today. His door is too narrow for pins so I took the head off to move it.
Back at my house, connected it all back up and it worked perfectly first time. So I guess disconnecting all the connectors and reconnecting them fixed the issue.

Played it for a bit at mine, and after it had been on for about an hour I started getting crackly sounds.
The crackles aren’t the same volume as the sounds made by the machine. If I lower the volume the crackles remain at the same level.

While the crackles were happening I opened the back box and pushed on the connectors for the speakers, which seemed to change the crackles a bit, I also knocked the big capacitor next to the connectors and this seemed to affect it as well, so I tried just pushing the capacitor and the crackles changed from that as well. After a bit of pushing and proding the crackles seem to have gone away, but I guess that it’s only gone temporarily.

So what should I try to resolve properly? Crimp different connectors on? Replace the caps near the connector? Something else?

Cool, I'll give that a go then.

Does anyone sell a kit to do all the caps or am I foing through the manual and trying to find all the parts from farnell or somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom