What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available CPR silver standard Fishtales playfield

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Hey guys

A bit of false advertising maybe.

Basically I signed up to the CPR Fishtales run late on and got on the reserve list. I was contacted by Kevin Wayte (from CPR) a couple of days ago to say I got a place and have 10 days to complete checkout before I loose my place to someone else.

With the current exchange rate and shipping it comes out about £675, obviously you'll probably get stung with import tax so expect the bill to tip over the £700 mark.

I was torn as to what to do. Timings bad financially as my fence blew down in the high winds earlier this year and my roof has developed a leak this week. Leaving me with about a £2k repair bill in July. My missus ain't gonna be happy if I spunk another £700 on a playfield to replace something which quite frankly isn't that bad.

If mine was trashed I'd credit card it and suck it up but it isn't. The only thing is, my cab is now mint!

So if you missed the preorder list or fancy a new pf in yours, this is a prime opportunity to jump on the wagon.

No money will change hands between us, I'll just forward you the email I have with the checkout details.

Pm me if interested. This message will self destruct in7 days.

Cheers

Gaz

Me too Paul but my pf isn't that bad and I have a repair decal. If cash flow wasn't so tight this month I'd probably go for it but hey ho. How bad is yours?

Mine is pretty bad round all the inserts, and worn to bare wood under the boat entry flap etc. I bought a decal but it is terrible. I just bought a replacement boat mini playfield, so I have had a new main playfield in mind for a while. What's the silver standard bit mean? Are they still decent quality?

Yes mate. Depends how anal you are. It will have some minor defect. My taxi pf was a bronze standard and that's great. I think the grading standard is explained on the website.

I have the large decal which covers the bonus X inserts, tackle box and stringer fish. It's massive!
I've scanned it with the intention of having someone print it for me on to waterslide decals, therefore I can practice getting it on correctly and throw it away if I **** up.

Reactions: JT.
I think it's easy to get overly hung up on how perfect a CPR reproduction is - after all, there were and continue to be small issues with the production of original playfields, but no-one particularly worries about those. I had a gold TOTAN playfield from them, and was warned before shipping even that had a small printing issue - I checked it once it arrived and still couldn't find what they were referring to :hmm::cuckoo::thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom