What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid - Lessons From Childhood

DRD

Registered
I have worked in and have family and friends in South Africa.

Omicron is understood to have emerged there. This may or may not be true. South Africa offers an unusual combination of poverty, low vaccination rates and low volume but high quality medical capabilities. It is thus highly likely to identify variants whether or not they began there.

Omicron to date has killed noone, globally. Anywhere. The South Africans, WHO, USA, British.... not a single death reported to date.

Loads of folk without symptoms. The poor in South African townships interviewed on TV stating that they do not even bother with masks as it is just a cold. South Africa has not locked down, whereas it enforced stringent lockdowns during previous outbreaks - alcohol bans, cigarette bans, travel bans ...

This mega virus that infects double jabbed and triple jabbed people, even those who have had covid before.... we are told we need boosters. Kids aged 5 need vaccines.....

But noone seems to die

Is there at least a chance that we all learnt about this one as children. Wisdom from centuries ago .... ?

I put a post up from Dr John Campbell on another thread.

From what he says South Africa has immunity via herd. We have immunity (partial) via vaccination.

Yes - it doesn't look bad at all in South Africa. Most people have mild flu for a week if that.

From what I understand is the UK are looking at worse case scenario (I believe if it was as bad as what they say we would be locked down now).

Let's face it - I can still go to the pub, I can still play shows (under 500), I can go out for meals and not have to wear a mask.

Circumstances are completely different in SA... Younger population, population more spread out etc....

Short story is we dont know what we dont know. and if you want to guess it then thats fine, however you run the risk of infecting your family and friends (and strangers) with something that you dont know the outcome of.
If you can live with the fact on your conscience that you could infect/kill someone down the line i guess thats not a problem.

There’s more sunlight in South Africa than here so that will help with vit D also, I’ve been on strong vit D here for about a month or so now.
Get on it!
Got to go to London next week to see family 😷

Back
Top Bottom