What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting to LEDs

maroguk

Registered
Alias
Steve
I have a T2 still running with all filament lamps and are thing of converting to LEDS. I know the upside is lower power load on the electronics and longer lasting lamps.

Other than cost, is there any downside? Do all features such as lamp dimming still work? Anything else I should be aware of?

Also, any recommendations for a good supplier of LED kits?

Thanks,
Steve

we have a wide range of comet leds in stock we also can do game kits

can find our range here

to avoid ghosting on the inserts id recommend the 1 smd non ghosting lamps or the led ocd boards

any questions please drop me a message happy to help

Comet also sells nice kits. I have done a TZ, FT, SPP and LW3 so far, happy with the results. Much brighter generally which you may not like.

My T2 is LED throughout and I think it looks great. It is subjective, but I recommend getting the L8.4 ROM and you can switch on and off a patch that helps with ghosting.

You also get a load of other gameplay settings you're able to adjust.

Remember to turn off the GI power savers and the allow DIM allumination in your menus.

Other wise the LEDs wont last long!
Unless you get a Gi ledocd or afterglow GI.

To me it's a must have as the dimming effects in some games are too good to lose.

I have a T2 still running with all filament lamps and are thing of converting to LEDS. I know the upside is lower power load on the electronics and longer lasting lamps.

Other than cost, is there any downside? Do all features such as lamp dimming still work? Anything else I should be aware of?

Also, any recommendations for a good supplier of LED kits?

Thanks,
Steve

If you need any help with choices or installing them I'm an hour away in Sudbury 😄

Personally I just buy a load of comet 2smds in different tones of white and get a ledocd board. You keep the nice smooth effects the incandescents have but have a much brighter game that feels modern.
Colour matching can be too much imo and in some cases it washes out the inserts.

Somebody was saying to me didn’t I notice the strobing on my Dirty Harry GI with LED’s as his was terrible.
Anyway I had to change the dip switch settings in the mpu to get the knocker working, played a game and f me I knew what he was taking about and why he had bad strobing as the turn dimming setting had gone back to standard settings😂
It was like a rave strobe😵‍💫

Somebody was saying to me didn’t I notice the strobing on my Dirty Harry GI with LED’s as his was terrible.
Anyway I had to change the dip switch settings in the mpu to get the knocker working, played a game and f me I knew what he was taking about and why he had bad strobing as the turn dimming setting had gone back to standard settings😂
It was like a rave strobe😵‍💫
Yeah - also happens when the batteries go dead

we have a wide range of comet leds in stock we also can do game kits

can find our range here

to avoid ghosting on the inserts id recommend the 1 smd non ghosting lamps or the led ocd boards

any questions please drop me a message happy to help
Thanks, I will buy a few to try it out and see what it looks like.

My T2 is LED throughout and I think it looks great. It is subjective, but I recommend getting the L8.4 ROM and you can switch on and off a patch that helps with ghosting.

You also get a load of other gameplay settings you're able to adjust.
Thanks for the advice. I am currently running L6. Do you know where I can get a L8.4 ROM?

Thanks for the advice. I am currently running L6. Do you know where I can get a L8.4 ROM?
You can get them on PinSound as of today I believe, but I sent the files to @Paul who burned a chip for me for a few quid.

Back
Top Bottom