What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concert/gig attending thread.....

Off to see Dreadzone in Oxford tonight with the lad.

They’ve always put in a fantastic show since the first time I saw them in the 90s.

I can’t think of any bands I’d pay £300 to sit down and watch. Presumably people do though. It’s not like the band would pull a corporate crowd like say a Madonna or Taylor Swift.

I might have paid £60. £65 at a push. I only really like “the zoo”. It would have simply been one to tick off the list.

If it sells out then it makes you question the cost of living crisis.

I thought the £35 total admin fee for the JANE’S gig was bad enough

These prices also help to explain why young people tend not to see bands as much.
Most bigger shows are now £100 for the large arena type places.

But I think you may of clicked on VIP tickets for Scorpions.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 19.31.51.png
Seen them many times - always great.

You get to see Extreme open too (saw them a couple of weeks ago with Living Colour supporting).

You might be right. I just clicked on the front block. I just don’t see the point in sitting down. Even weirder is the corporate box concept.

I’m also not a fan of how you now don’t get to know how much tickets are until you finally manage to get through the queue system etc.

Just had my pants pulled down by Ticket Master’s dynamic pricing bull**** for Slipknot 🤬 Having a family outing is now costing a serious chunk of cash.

You might be right. I just clicked on the front block. I just don’t see the point in sitting down. Even weirder is the corporate box concept.

I’m also not a fan of how you now don’t get to know how much tickets are until you finally manage to get through the queue system etc.

Just had my pants pulled down by Ticket Master’s dynamic pricing bull**** for Slipknot 🤬 Having a family outing is now costing a serious chunk of cash.
With Ticketmaster the first few rows are for VIP packages.

Two of my pals have been sound engineers for Slipknot - Big Mick who is Metallicas main man, and Shirt. Sadly Shirt passed away a few years ago and I lost the tour managers number so I am afraid I wont have anymore passes to see them. Do not own any of the bands music but live they are brilliant.

First time I saw Slipknot was one of the few times I’ve been nervous in a crowd. It just seemed to be on the edge of becoming a riot.
Musically I prefer Stone Sour but my boy loves them so that makes the ticket price worth it.
Plus I still feel guilty that I secured him tickets four years ago only to discover the next day that the bloody CV3 number on an Amex card isn’t the one on the back. Frustratingly the sale still appears to go through and ticket Master still send you confirmation of the purchase etc but then the next day it gets voided 🤬

Dreadzone were wicked last night. I highly recommend catching them if they are playing near you. It’s a mix of dub, techno, reggae and and folk that shouldn’t work but the sheer joy of the performance really spreads through the crowd and every song was a banger.

My lad (16) was quite the attraction for some of the local girls. It looked like he’d pulled but when the lass asked his age it cooled off a bit. ‘Come back to me when you’ve done your A-levels’ was the quote I think! 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4853.jpeg
    IMG_4853.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 10
Be forewarned about the potentially dangerous consequences of lacking hair at gigs….

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/18/birm...are-17205479/?ito=article.mweb.share.top.link
I've had people come up to me at gigs and ask if I'm in the right place, because I have short/shaved hair. Has happened at Metallica, Alice in Chains, Fugazi etc. Been told they bet I don't know any music by the bands. Soon put in their place when I reel off tracks, albums, gigs. Usually rock/metal gigs are fun, friendly, safe, but you always get the odd idiot.

There’s some right bellends about.

I had to do loads of psychobilly gigs in the 90s. The amount of grief I got was ridiculous. The reason I was there was normally because the were signed to the label I ran or we were taking them to Japan.

So anyone got the inside info on AC/DC.

I hate that they don’t release ticket prices in advance.

Are they doing that golden circle ********?

Excellent 😀

I rarely use see tickets.
I assume the reason Ticketmaster etc don’t announce prices is that after spending 30 mins in a queue you’re less likely to back out when you see the price you’re about to be gouged at 😱

So there is a front area ticket for £150 ish which is less than I was bracing myself for. Still mounts up though as I know both kids will want to go

Next step. Desperately trying to secure tickets 😳

Excellent 😀

I rarely use see tickets.
I assume the reason Ticketmaster etc don’t announce prices is that after spending 30 mins in a queue you’re less likely to back out when you see the price you’re about to be gouged at 😱

So there is a front area ticket for £150 ish which is less than I was bracing myself for. Still mounts up though as I know both kids will want to go

Next step. Desperately trying to secure tickets 😳
We always use See tickets wherever we can. Never had any issues.

Could probably go on a weeks holiday with the cost of this concert…..

But last tour I would imagine so as a lifelong AC/DC fan I want to see them one last time.

All alerts set for Friday morning…!

I now have to write down who I buy tickets from in order to find them on the day of the gig😂. Doesn’t help that I ended up buying two tickets for Pendulum from two different sellers. Took me a while to work that one out.

It’s also frustrating that ticketmaster don’t allow you to transfer tickets for all gigs so if the boy turns up after me at a venue I can’t just ping his ticket over to him 🤬

Well stress over. Three tickets bought courtesy of see tickets. Thanks Diane. 🎉

Four devices set up to try and get tickets plus the use of a young child. It’s so random. One place of 150 ish on Ticketmaster. One around 20000

One see tickets account crashed but the girl child came through 😀. Does have the slight disadvantage that she now knows my credit card details.

Well stress over. Three tickets bought courtesy of see tickets. Thanks Diane. 🎉

Four devices set up to try and get tickets plus the use of a young child. It’s so random. One place of 150 ish on Ticketmaster. One around 20000

One see tickets account crashed but the girl child came through 😀. Does have the slight disadvantage that she now knows my credit card details.
Mine got also through See Tickets 👍
Still in the queue for Ticketmaster….. 😂😂

I saw Ticket Master are doing their dynamic pricing con. Tickets are now up to almost £350 each. 🤬. Not to mention a large amount now in seatwave etc which are all owned by ….. Ticketmaster.

In other news if anyone is going to:
Slash
Skindred
Subhumans
Yonaka
Gaslight anthem
James addiction
The damned
Sleep token (god they suck….. but my boy loves them)
Pwei
Download
Slipknott
Middlenightmen
Ferocious dog
Frank Carter
Pendulum
Bury Tomorrow
Billy Talent.

Then give us a shout. These are now all fixed in the calendar for this year.

Think my lost pin mojo has morphed into a loud musical alternative.

Was thinking about going to see Scream Queen but unless I manage to drag the girl child with me I think I’ll stick out like a sore thumb 😱

In other news if anyone is going to:
Slash
Skindred
Subhumans
Yonaka
Gaslight anthem
James addiction
The damned
Sleep token (god they suck….. but my boy loves them)
Pwei
Download
Slipknott
Middlenightmen
Ferocious dog
Frank Carter
Pendulum
Bury Tomorrow
Billy Talent.

Then give us a shout. These are now all fixed in the calendar for this year.

Think my lost pin mojo has morphed into a loud musical alternative.

Was thinking about going to see Scream Queen but unless I manage to drag the girl child with me I think I’ll stick out like a sore thumb 😱
I'm going to see subhumans but in Stamford. Well looking forward to that

We’ve got a venue about 10 mins walk from the house that puts on a lot of punk gigs so I’m pretty spoilt for choice. Dick plays in one of his bands there 3-4 times a year. Saw Citizen Fish there last year, had no idea they had evolved into a two singer more poppy punk band.

I’ve also just discovered the Subhuman’s released a massive biography. Meant to be receiving it next week. I suspect it might be a bit of a slog to get through. Less stories of Rock n Roll excess and more about animal rights etc.

We’ve got a venue about 10 mins walk from the house that puts on a lot of punk gigs so I’m pretty spoilt for choice. Dick plays in one of his bands there 3-4 times a year. Saw Citizen Fish there last year, had no idea they had evolved into a two singer more poppy punk band.

I’ve also just discovered the Subhuman’s released a massive biography. Meant to be receiving it next week. I suspect it might be a bit of a slog to get through. Less stories of Rock n Roll excess and more about animal rights etc.
Yeah seen him recently in Culture Shock. Also know your venue - saw a few punk bands there back in the day . Funny you should mention that book as the guy who wrote that is shortly releasing another book about some of the (ahem) 'lesser known heroes' of the anarcho punk scene and I'm going to be in it . Really weird to be interviewed about something I did nearly 40 years ago and wasn't very good at it then 😂😂

Ohh which band were you in?
You won't have heard of us . Very much east anglia scene only . Played bass very badly in a band called Freeborn between ages 14 to 18. Never played since and then now aged 55 some guy gets in touch to interview us about it . Bizarre . I do still love the anarcho punk scene though - has remained my thing. Saw steve ignorant band doing crass stuff recently and that was brilliant

Just played a track on youtube. It’s exactly what you’d expect isn’t it ? 😉

I used to see loads of the anarcho punk stuff at venues like the counterpoint in Bletchley at the end of 80s.

Always felt a bit of a fraud going back to my parents middle class house while they all lived in squats 🤣

I’ve still got a soft spot for a lot of the bands but do wonder if a lot of them look back and regret some of their lifestyle choices. Worked with bands like Chaos UK and ENT in the 90s as well as a lot of the 70s bands. Always admired how together a lot of the scene was

Back
Top Bottom