What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ColorDMD

Vimtoman

Site Supporter
Anyone know what displays the ColorDMD guys use?

Like display part number and controller part number.

They’ve varied throughout the product’s life.

Not sure it matters too much either, at least to me, because although the price is high; the quality of the software and support is really where the true value lies.

I'm impressed with the Ghostbuster's version, looks pretty neat.

I was interested in the hardware they used with the display.

Whether it was off the shelf stuff

There’s a thread on here somewhere discussing the various options available for colorising a DMD. You’d probably find it interesting, have a search about!

Oh Ok . There's a quite a few different versions about.

I can only see one Solid state version which was an update for the bride of pinbot.
But at 2K a bit high :)

How come no one is doing a Solid State version

You mean displays to replace on solid state? Loads do them google xpin

Oh Ok . There's a quite a few different versions about.

I can only see one Solid state version which was an update for the bride of pinbot.
But at 2K a bit high :)

How come no one is doing a Solid State version

I’m guessing that was BOP 2.0 which is a lot more than just an upgrade to dmd :D

Yeah I think they used Proc so totally controlling the table I guess.

I have owned pinballs with the Dr Pinball system in, Pin2dmd, PinballSPs displays as well as LED DMDs....

Must say no colour dmds are anywhere close to the colorDMD stuff. It is all down to their software.

Saying that I wish CGC would sell the large displays for folks with an non-remake MB/AFM as a modification.

You are best of just spending the £350-400 on a colordmd - you can always refit the original dmd if you sell the game and put the colordmd into another game.

The panels colorDMD use are standard panels. Which are for things like laptops etc. All the clever stuff is on the PCB on the rear.....

Don't they sell the colorDMDs specific to a particular game? Is it just a case of updating the onboard software when changing it over to a different machine?

Don't they sell the colorDMDs specific to a particular game? Is it just a case of updating the onboard software when changing it over to a different machine?

Originally it was locked to whatever game you bought it for, they unlocked them a couple of years back allowing them to be installed in any game supported by colourdmd.

Back
Top Bottom