What's new

ColorDMD now in stock at Pinball Heaven

philpalmer

Site Supporter
Hi all,

Just to let you know, I am distributor for ColorDMD now. Have plenty of stock here any day! Just adding them to www is a pain.....

Managed to shave a bit off the price of the LED display compared to its previous UK price and keep the LCD the same. A bit of a joint venture between @CHRIS B PINBALLS and myself so you also buy from your favourite Yorkshireman...

Phil
Pinball Heaven Ltd
www.pinball.co.uk

Had a load of foreign hack attempts last week, brought the site down most of the week... so the web guys blocked everywhere apart from UK and are slowly opening it up as the hack attempts stop...

Had a load of foreign hack attempts last week, brought the site down most of the week... so the web guys blocked everywhere apart from UK and are slowly opening it up as the hack attempts stop...
Wondered why it was slow unusable, needed to pick up something

Is it Wordpress underneath? As there is a easy way to fix this.

yes there is, but has word fence on it which should do that job... but open to input!
I had a similar thing bring my Wordpress instance to a crawl and eventually die under the load. It was all due to this file inside the root Wordpress install xmlrpc.php, it’s not used any more but hackers and bots target and brute force it to try and get login details, simply rename to xmlrpc_.php or just delete it.

You can check the access logs to see if this is the issue as you will see thousands of requests to this file.

You just download the image from the website, drop it on a USB stick turn it on holding a button and it's flashes it on, very simple process

I'm more than happy to send anyone a compatible USB stick with required file included off the official website, just PM me.
The more games out there with the plasma's removed the better imo.

Reactions: Jib
couldn't find World Cup Soccer ColorDMD LCD version on site

Why Isn't LCD Available For My Game?​

The taller size of the LCD won't fit some game cabinets, or requires permanent modification of the backbox speaker panel. For these games, we only list and support installation for LED displays on our store site. However, all the color ROM files on our site work with both LCD and LED displays. Some customers have developed custom mounting solutions to fit LCD displays in these cabinets.

cheers, yeah I can find it on ColorDMD, but there is no ordering page on PH
it doesn't matter if you order for say 'Addams Family' as long as you have access to a PC and USB stick you can change the chroma file in minutes. That all said you could just call Phil and he could ensure the one you order comes loaded with the correct chroma file I'd imagine?

Certain games can not use a colordmd lcd - like cirqus voltaire - that is LED only. Also Party zone/Black Rose is LED only.

Addams is better as LED in my opinion - someone made a mod for the LCD screen with an LED loaded THING LED PCB.

I bought a few of these over the years from Sean and he did not install the files. Perhaps he goe knarked with me as he gave me a 'trade discount' of £20 off.

LCD does upscaling which on some games I like the look of. Simpsons Pinball Party is one such game.

Personal preference.

Kiss (Stern) does not have a good pin2dmd file done for it - neither does Ghostbusters.

I think I would end up buying an LED display as if you sell the game, you can put it in another very easily.

Back
Top Bottom