What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coin door logic / switches

edsr

Registered
Hi all,

After shopping my Sega Baywatch (still a couple of weeks away from getting a working DMD) the only way I can get it to play is to pull out the cheat/interlock switch to engage the high power on the play field.

I’m pretty sure there will be some message on the screen telling me to replace the batteries or that a switch is stuck or something but I can’t tell and am not certain of course.

I did take both the coin door switches (the ones that know if the door is open/closed) apart and clean them (kinda regretted it afterwards. Damn they are fiddly).

I just wondered if anyone knew about how these switches work.

If I boot up and open the coin door I get the sound effect that tells me the door is open.

If I use the ‘add credits’ button I get the sound effect and credits are added.

But if I try to play a game, it just makes the sounds but everything is dead - balls don’t load into shooter lane etc.

But pull the cheat switch out and everything works. It’s like the CPU is telling the game not to fire up the high power circuit, but the switch overrides it.

Kinda annoying playing with the door open (let alone not seeing score and video modes ‘blind’), and want to make sure there isn’t anything wrong anywhere so I don’t get a nasty surprise when the DMD suddenly arrives.

Just wondered if anyone knew what might be happening here. Any knowledge much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed.

You seem to be describing the coin door interlock. When the door is open the switch is released and cuts the high power to the solenoids. Pulling the switch out closes the high power circuit. When the coin door is closed there should be an arm that pushes the switch in and also turns the power on. Sometimes the arm doesn’t push the switch in far enough and needs to be bent further.

You seem to be describing the coin door interlock. When the door is open the switch is released and cuts the high power to the solenoids. Pulling the switch out closes the high power circuit. When the coin door is closed there should be an arm that pushes the switch in and also turns the power on. Sometimes the arm doesn’t push the switch in far enough and needs to be bent further.

Thanks Andy, another bullseye from you. [emoji122]

During reassembly I expect the bracket went back in a slightly different alignment, tweaked and it’s all good [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom