What's new

No Longer Available Cliffy's group buy

Fubar

Site Supporter
Alias
Thomas
Following on from my magnet thread, anyone interested in doing a group buy from Cliffy's ? I'm really only interested in the magnet protector carbon fibre ring.

Post here with what you want and we can gauge interest.

Edit: see below - looks like it's not really advantageous to do so. Also Cliffy has a large backlog of orders.

Last edited:
Classic Stern Sea Witch orbit flap assembly

Do they end up cheaper?

Usually Cliff sends me the sets- no import duty and low postage..
Good question - I've never ordered from him. Only started this thread because it was suggested somewhere else.

If doing a group buy means we suddenly start paying import duty then it definitely doesn't sound like a good idea!

I’ve just put in a big cliffy order for myself so happy to add any additional items for anyone if it helps. I’m all paid up but he’s currently working through September orders as he’s backlogged big time.

I need a carbon protector thingamyjig for my SM please

Col

wonder if my laser can cut these mmmm

@Fubar i don’t want to hijack your thread and group buy mate so if you wanna do the group buy and don’t mind adding my order in with the groups that would be great.

Best to get orders in now though as he’s just under a month and a half behind on orders.

Cheers Jon - to be honest it looks like a group buy isn't necessarily advantageous in this case.

As Dave mentioned small orders won't attract import & duty and most people just want 1-2 things so it seems to me like we'll all save money doing separate orders.

Ordered a set recently, Cliff correctly specifies the full value on the customs docket. I got an email from Royal Mail saying it had been received at UK border and may be subject to import duty.

Never heard anything more and it arrived a few days later.

So yes, a big order will likely attract attention.

A
Ordered a set recently, Cliff correctly specifies the full value on the customs docket. I got an email from Royal Mail saying it had been received at UK border and may be subject to import duty.

Never heard anything more and it arrived a few days later.

So yes, a big order will likely attract attention.

If you ask/mention value Cliffy will handle it but won’t discuss it, pretty similar to Comet GREAT service from both!

Back
Top Bottom