What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Tinkering - RasPiSound

Arv

Registered
Alias
As I've a few days off for Christmas thought I'd put together the RasPiSound I bought from the German forums.

Basically it's like a pinsound but a third if not less of the price, running on a Pi0 or Pi3 with a shield.

Frankenstein will be the guinea pig.

Let's start off with the basic board:

20181224_131550.jpg

Resistors added:

20181224_132315.jpg

Header pins added:

20181224_134033.jpg

Chips added:

20181224_140420.jpg

12v and other connector added:

20181224_140752.jpg

Amps and connector added:

20181224_144633.jpg

Will pick up were I left off after the festivities.

Last edited:
Like the idea :) Hope it;s better than his go-dmd which i had nothing but problems with, alongside some accessories that i ordered and never received... and never got any response about... :mad:

Oh blimey, That sounds pretty nifty.

Which pIn are you going to try oiut first?

Been looking at the video version of this for creature. From looking through their site (which is a bit ropey, tbh) I reckon I only need to buy the media player so and video files (as I have a few rasPi s lying about here) can test it with one of my monitors and then buy a suitable ~14 inch monitor if it looks decent and works ok

Has anyone had a go at the video version yet?

Been looking at the video version of this for creature. From looking through their site (which is a bit ropey, tbh) I reckon I only need to buy the media player so and video files (as I have a few rasPi s lying about here) can test it with one of my monitors and then buy a suitable ~14 inch monitor if it looks decent and works ok
yes you're right. the basic installation uses a RasPiSound with configured sound set for creature, serial media player (2nd Pi) and lcd screen. See pinside thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-creature-holo-mod-for-cftbl.
On my youtube channel you can also see a couple of RasPiSound installments: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7wZK3Dpsn941nw1Wfdt1E1nPjo_W5dHP

Br Steve

Ive ordered my Raspisound this weekend.
@steve45 is there a difference in performance between the two pi's?
Actually not any more. There was a difference in the previous revision of the pcb, where pi3 needs a different header. But with the new placement in the lastest revision a different header is not needed any more.

I have a Pi zero which has a male dual row pinned connector. Is that the correct version or should it be a dual socket?

It's a kit anyway so you need to solder the female header for the pi for yourself. There's only two options shield on top pi underneath or the other way round.
For pi zero I normally choose pi on top. But if your zero has make header already applied, you can also choose to put it under the shield.
No matter how it should fit.

Back
Top Bottom