What's new

"Check Flipper EOS"

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Hey guys,

Just wanted some advice on something and an error I get when turning on my BSD which has been happening for maybe a month or so now. I get "Check left flipper EOS" and also "Check right flipper EOS" as errors when the game boots up. I have had a look at the leaf switches, no broken wires or anything amiss but a bit of googling seems to suggest this is an adjustment error causing the issue. I've tried having a fiddle with the leafs and looking at the mechanisms and they appear to be working as they should so I'm a little stuck as to why I am getting this error. Both flippers work as they always have so I'm a bit lost! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The only other insight I can give is that these errors both showed up at the same time and it was before I did any work on the game (recently re-rubbered, cleaned and put new posts and LED's in).

The other issue is people say "compare one to the other, it is probably slightly differently set" but this seems to be if you are getting the issue with 1 flipper, unfortunately I am getting it with both :rofl:

Put in to switch test and pull the flippers up by hand to check that the EOS are registering correctly on the switch matrix. :)

Thanks both for the advice, I have put the flippers into test and both register in the switch matrix. I will check the J906 connector as well!

If you don't mind losing your high scores try resetting to factory defaults. I know it's a different machine but I had a switch on TSPP that failed to work ingame but was perfect in test mode. Reset to defaults and it has worked perfectly ever since. Just a software glitch.

assuming it is not on all the time-ie only comes on when close to full travel,it could be a glitch.
I have had it before where like Kevlar0 it consistently says something is at fault,but it clearly isn't,and the reset clears it.
Personally if you now know it is ok,ignore it

Again good advice, I was around @I TiltAlot house last night helping him move some games and he said it could be a "Phantom Error" (He owned it before me, apparently it had an magnet reset issue and a factory reset cleared it). My high score is only 2.2 billion currently so I'm not that fussed. Will give it a go!

Again good advice, I was around @I TiltAlot house last night helping him move some games and he said it could be a "Phantom Error" (He owned it before me, apparently it had an magnet reset issue and a factory reset cleared it). My high score is only 2.2 billion currently so I'm not that fussed. Will give it a go!

Not a magnet reset issue, I think it was to do with the Mist multball motor Sam. Good to see that other people are suggesting the same thing as well. Looks like I'll have battle Dracula once more to get back on the high score table again. ;)

Thanks for your help last night by the way! :thumbs:

Just an update on this, the "Phantom Error" hypothesis turned out to be correct. A factory reset cleared both errors it was reporting. Thanks all!

Ang on. A factory reset will clear all faults from the test report, But until you've played several games without it reappearing you can't be sure it's gone away.

I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes, like I said I checked the actual flipper mechs themselves and the EOS switches and they seemed to be working as they should. If it crops again I will seek more advice :)

Last edited:
Just want to say a massive thank you to @pinballmania who came over today to sort out my broken F-14 beacons (which now work like a charm!) and not only that, Andy was kind enough to fix this issue as well. I had not had enough games to see the error come back but he had a look and found the error to be present again, Andy said the issue was the connector on the fliptronics board was over one pin. So again just a massive thank you to Andy for going the extra mile and remembering me mentioning this and fixing it without me even asking him to! Talk about excellent customer service! :clap:

Back
Top Bottom