What's new

Check EOS switch messages.

AndyB53

Banned
Registered
Nearly finished the Getaway HS2 and have sorted a myriad of little issues. 2 remain.

1) On switch on The "Check EOS left and upper right flipper" switches. They both appear OK. I have checked cabling to Fliptronic Board and the molex connectors have all been resoldered. The flippers are strong and seem to work 100% Very odd?? Anyone with ideas? Do the EOS switches appear on the switch matrix?

2) The Game make a strange random noise from time to time for no apparent reason. It is at all volumes and if you carefully listen it is even ther during game play. All other audio effects and music are fine and all tests are OK. I have changed all the Capacitors. It really does not affect anything but I would like to find the problem. Any ideas?

1) Yes, EOS should appear on the switch matrix. My guess is that they are either stuck on or not on at all. Put game in to switch matrix and lift up the left and upper right flipper also lift up the lower right to show it working in the switch matrix.

2) It sounds like you might have a sensitive switch being activated. Put game in switch test and smack the playfield to see if a switch activates...

Thank you. I will give it a try. Sadly as I only have one "fliptronic" game at the moment, I cannot check the board itself yet. I guess it may be out with the logic probe soon!
Thank you for the advice

The eos have no bearing on the flipper strength on these games they only sense flipper up or down. If a ball knocks back a held up flipper the eos opens and the cpu sees this and reenergises the flipper.

The eos appear on the far right column in the switch matrix display. They are daisy chained together, so check all the other eos for a broken wire.

It might help to describe or record the noise for us, as all you’ve said is that it is strange and random.

1) Yes, EOS should appear on the switch matrix. My guess is that they are either stuck on or not on at all. Put game in to switch matrix and lift up the left and upper right flipper also lift up the lower right to show it working in the switch matrix.

2) It sounds like you might have a sensitive switch being activated. Put game in switch test and smack the playfield to see if a switch activates...
Are you sure the EOS switches appear on the Matrix? I cannot find them at ll???
The eos have no bearing on the flipper strength on these games they only sense flipper up or down. If a ball knocks back a held up flipper the eos opens and the cpu sees this and reenergises the flipper.

The eos appear on the far right column in the switch matrix display. They are daisy chained together, so check all the other eos for a broken wire.
MY apologies They Are there. I must be going blind or plain stupid! I will check them in the morning. I have a feeling the strange random noise is connect in some way to this as well!

Back
Top Bottom