What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheapskate Mod thread

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
Post your ( cheap ) machine mods here...

I ordered some great 5v led strips from Ali express, 3 X 18" lengths ( I only used 2 ) delivered for £11!. Wired them straight into the upper playfield GI on my Foo Fighters. Nothing like as nice as Davey's upcoming area 51 mod but I'm a cheapskate and happy with the results.

IMG_20230909_134119.jpg

Last edited:
Got fed up with the peeling decals so made a brick wall mod for the back of shadow (plastic sheet for dolls houses) painted up to match the sanctum wall...

20220428_141846_HDR.jpg

Dead end sign to cover up the ugly optical sensor on CSI (yellow plastic with slide decal)....

20230910_112059.jpg

Both shamelessly copied from other people.

Dinky car from my childhood, painted with Humbrol enamel - may have to get a Fire so I can use the Simon Snorkel that was in the same box.

Attachments

• 1694340821203.png
    1694340821203.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 1694340860349.png
    1694340860349.png
    643.4 KB · Views: 19
Got fed up with the peeling decals so made a brick wall mod for the back of shadow (plastic sheet for dolls houses) painted up to match the sanctum wall...

View attachment 231241

Dead end sign to cover up the ugly optical sensor on CSI (yellow plastic with slide decal)....

View attachment 231242

Both shamelessly copied from other people.
Have you a link for that plastic sheet? Wondering if it be any good for diaramas as it looks super nice.

Have you a link for that plastic sheet? Wondering if it be any good for diaramas as it looks super nice.
Edit: sorry Col, I was being dense....

I can find the purchase in my ebay, but the listing is gone, have had a look online and these look the closest to what I got....

Last edited:
What a great thread and something I’ve messed around doing for years so you all gonna get a bit bored of me posting more stuff like this!

A possible horror themed topper opportunity for pins like TFTC and SS ect.

A nice sized animated skull from the range. This / these could easily be triggered via the pin I’m sure.

View attachment IMG_2233.mov

Back
Top Bottom