What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ChatGPT - Any good ideas?

Tucks

Registered
OK. The next revolution is here and it's blowing my mind. I (we) will all be out of a job soon I'm glad I'm old for once.

Anyhow, my first 'request' was obvious. " What are the 10 best pinball machine" and this is what Mr AI said:

Here is a list of some of the best pinball machines of all time, in no particular order:

1. The Addams Family: This machine was released in 1992 by Williams and is considered one of the most popular and successful pinball machines of all time. It features a spooky theme based on the Addams Family TV show and movie.
  2. The Twilight Zone: Another classic pinball machine released by Williams in 1993. It features a TV-show-inspired theme and features such as a "Power Field" and a "Zone Shot".
  3. The Black Knight: A 1980 pinball machine by Williams that is known for its challenging gameplay and its innovative use of a third "magnet" flipper.
  4. The Lord of the Rings: A 2003 machine by Stern that features a epic theme based on the movie trilogy of J.R.R. Tolkien's novels.
  5. The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard: A 1994 machine by Data East that was based on the rock opera The Who's Tommy.
  6. The Addams Family Gold: A 1994 machine by Midway that was an update of the original Addams Family pinball machine.
  7. The Simpsons Pinball Party: A 2003 machine by Stern that features a theme based on the popular animated TV show.
  8. Theatre of Magic: A 1995 machine by Bally that features a magic-themed playfield, a "magician's trunk" mechanical toy, and a "magician's mirror" optical illusion.
  9. Metallica: A 2013 machine by Stern that features a theme based on the rock band Metallica and their music.
  10. Star Trek: The Next Generation: A 1993 machine by Williams that features a theme based on the Star Trek: The Next Generation TV show.

I asked it to write me a musical with songs about a company moving to Microsoft 365.

It didn't disappoint.

My manager got it to right a brief and objectives for a successful deployment and test of call recording software.

It sounds good but always gets its facts wrong 🤔
This is an interesting by-product of how it's trained - it doesn't search the internet to collate responses to questions, but instead builds sentences word by word based on what it thinks is the most likely next word. It does this from the training its received. It's why if you ask it to write a paper with citations it'll make nonsensical citations to references that don't exist or make sense.

Think it still passed the Turing test though...

Stack Overflow have banned answers from it for programming questions because it gives too many answers that look right, in terms of English language, but are actually wrong.

This is wierd, but kinda fun...
"write a thriller about pinball with a twist at the end"

The Pinball Killer was on the loose and the city was on edge. Detective John Smith had been tasked with finding the killer and bringing them to justice. He had been working tirelessly, following leads, and interviewing suspects but so far, he had come up empty.

One night, while working late at the station, he received a call from a mysterious woman. She told him that she knew who the Pinball Killer was and that she would only reveal the information to him in person.

Smith met her at an abandoned pinball arcade on the outskirts of town. She told him that the killer was a former pinball champion who had become obsessed with the game and took it to the extreme. He would challenge other players to high-stakes games and if they lost, he would kill them.

Smith was shocked but also relieved to finally have a solid lead. He immediately set out to track down the killer. He found him at a seedy bar in the city, surrounded by pinball machines.

The killer put up a fight but Smith was able to apprehend him. As he was being led away in handcuffs, the killer revealed that he had an accomplice, the mysterious woman who had tipped off Smith. She had been working with the killer all along, using her charm to lure victims to their deaths.

Smith was shocked by the twist but was also relieved to have finally caught the killer and put an end to the reign of terror. The city could finally breathe a sigh of relief and the pinball community could go back to enjoying their favorite game without fear.

The case was closed, but it left a lasting impact on Smith, who now had a deeper appreciation for the darker side of human nature and the dangers of obsession.

It's absolute crap. Just spews out rewritten garbage its picked up from the internet when it was allowed to crawl. Always full of incorrect information and there's absolutely no thinking or "intelligence" ability about it so be careful how you're using it.

Start asking it things like "can a woman have a penis" and proceed down the rabbit hole from there. :)

Back
Top Bottom