What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing IDC connectors

Pooman2084

Registered
Hi folks,

I've just bought my old No Fear back after it had been on holiday at a mates for a few years and am working through a number of jobs and fixes to get it back in shape.

Unfortunately the backbox GI connector is burnt up at one end. Last time I had one of these go on a DESW 'The Legend' changed it for me, but I'd like to have a go at this one myself as it inevitably always needs doing on old BW games. I may as well get the right tools for the job. I like to keep things stock, so will most likely go with IDC again unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Having had limited success with a small screwdriver before, I'd like to get the correct tool but can't find them with the usual sellers. Can anyone link me to what I need please?

Do you just pull out from the old connector and 'poke' into the new one? I have an iron but am still in the novice stage so would prefer to avoid changing the pins unless absolutely necessary.

I also need to replace the jump ramp, but that's a task for another day...

Cheers!

Lloyd

You really need to change the pins also otherwise they will heat up again due to poor contact

He has the IDC tool as well on the same page but I agree with Ron invest and tool up to do it the molex way
image2711.gif

If you're using leds then a direct replacement will be fine, remember these things ran the bulbs for 20 + years and if they were in commercial use they were on for hours at a time so replacing with the correct tool will take pence and minutes and for home use unlikely to burn out again imho..

Back
Top Bottom