What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold CFTBL (FAULTS NOW FIXED & PICS ADDED)

Jason Catrine

Registered
Hi all,

*editing this post now*

Many of you will have seen me list this last week and list a few things it needed doing. I've now done a fair bit of work on it so its now much better so I'm editing this first post.

Good points:

Stumblors HD XL Colour DMD
Stumblors speaker panel with new speakers
New subwoofer
New old stock official hologram installed by previous owner
Comet LEDs
Mirrorblades
New right ramp
New balls
New shooter rod end tip
Some new pink posts
Some rubbers have been replaced
Playfield (that I can easily get to) has been cleaned
No faults/credit dot

Bad points:

Blue right hand slingshot plastic is chipped at the top (see pic)
Small crack in plastic part at top right hand side (cant see it when playing the game - see pic)
1 new ramp fitted - other 2 could do with being replaced
Screws in various places could do with being either cleaned or replaced with shiny ones
Still some cleaning to do in harder to reach places, but I've at least made a start on it for you

Price remains at £4600 (or £4150 plus £450 for the XL DMD and speakers if you're comparing previous sold prices) - the machine is now a lot better than it was a week ago when first listed at this price :)

Preferred potential trades if an outright sale isn't possible - JP2 or The Hobbit with cash going your way. Happy to trade for other modern games too though (plus cash if required) so feel free to make an offer of something else.

Note: I’m using a set of WayneJ’s lights to help me get clearer pictures to show you the condition of the playfield. The lights are NOT included, but they are nice and I’d highly recommend buying a set if your room is a bit dark like mine is.
IMG_5009.jpeg
IMG_5010.jpeg
IMG_5011.jpeg
IMG_5012.jpeg
IMG_5013.jpeg
IMG_5014.jpeg
IMG_5015.jpeg
IMG_5016.jpeg
IMG_5017.jpeg
IMG_5018.jpeg
IMG_5019.jpeg
IMG_5020.jpeg
IMG_5023.jpeg
IMG_5024.jpeg
IMG_5025.jpeg

IMG_4925.jpeg
IMG_4946.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5021.jpeg
    IMG_5021.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Where on earth did he find new old stock hologram for sale? I been looking for ages, even an old old stock would do me.

Update: I’ve spent a bit of time on it this morning. Its had a light clean in the areas I can get to without removing the ramps. I’ve replaced a few of the tatty rubbers and also added some pink. Also replaced the balls and added a new shooter rod end tip. The game is now playing much much better and the ball is moving around a fair bit faster than it was.

*EDIT* - The 2 faults it arrived with are now fixed!

Had a good look at the plastics. Theres a little corner off the right slingshot, but its just plain blue on this game so should be easy to replace. There also a cracked plastic right up the back right hand side where someone has over tightened a screw. Not noticeable whilst playing the game. Rest of the plastics look ok as far as i can see.

Heres how the playfield looks after its clean….

96FD7C85-CFFC-47A1-B0C7-1BD1CFB7900E.jpeg

Other thing I forgot to say is that the game has mirror blades installed.

Stumblors XL Colour DMD kit looks great in this and I believe that costs around £450, so if you factor that in to my asking price then its £4150 for the machine plus £450 for the DMD/new speakers/new speaker surround (hopefully helps give you a more accurate price to compare against creatures without the DMD).

I'll hopefully have some more time tomorrow to continue working on it and see what else I can do to improve it.

Last edited:
This is turning more into a shop log than a for sale post :D

I have now replaced the faulty rollover switch and repaired the pop bumper. The leaf switch under the bumper had bent a little so wasn't making contact so its now bent back and working. Machine now has no faults and no credit dot :cool:

Here is a video of it showing it powering up with no credit dot errors, and without a 30/60 second delay like it did when I first got it.

Clicky - No Credit Dot Video

Only thing to sort now is the power connections in the backbox as some of them don't look too pretty as some wires were soldered by a previous owner. I have new connectors that will be included with the machine so the new owner can either do it or just leave it as it is - you rarely ever look inside the backbox so its not a big deal if it doesn't ever get done as you'll likely never see it. But if you have a bit of OCD and want the wiring neater then you have the parts to do it :)

8CDE4567-7AF5-4503-8E70-055110F8C2F0.jpeg

My next job will be to wax the playfield a bit but I will need to find my little tin of Gerlitz wax first as I've not seen it in ages. And..... if it doesn't sell soon, then I'll likely fit the new ramp too.

Oh and another thing I noticed I missed off the original ad is that it has a new speaker in the bottom of the cabinet as well as the 2 new ones next to the DMD.

Last edited:
Even the repro hologram has been not available for years.
I suspect it is a repro but at the end of the day - who cares? It is bright and it works ! :)
I do not see many originals that are good these days, so I personally would not bat an eye lid on this!
Would rather have a repro than one of those horrid pinballsp screen mods.

I managed to find the original for sale ad i got with info on this hologram. Like everyone has said above, its kinda irrelevant if its a repro or not, as the main thing is it looks good….. but from the way the original seller worded it, i’m leaning towards it being an original.

“Comet LED’s installed.
New old stock official hologram installed (only one known in existence) Often the holograms are missing or dead.
Recently installed a HD XL Colour DMD (Looks amazing)
Mirrorblades”

I’ve played it a lot this week and I’m remembering why I bought it in the first place - good fun game. I fell outta love with it due to the hassles i had when it first arrived and barely played it all year. Kinda glad I’ve done some work on it this week and had some fun on it. At least if it doesn’t sell now then I’m happier for it to stay a bit longer.

Last edited:
If you do keep it Jason I'd recommend adding the Swinks snackbar mod and snack bar open sign they look like they belong there and cast a lovely pink hue over the middle playfield.

Back
Top Bottom