What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Centaur inlane plastics

This little project has been off the boil for a while due to the fishapaper group buy and making kids costumes for World Book Day, but finally found some time to start playing around with images in Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop.

I've started with @Paul's JOLLY PARK inlane plastic. Here's the original 300dpi scan (reduced to fit in this post):

JollyParkLeftInlanePlasticOriginalPreview.png

And here's how it currently looks after rotation, trimming off the background and edge of the plastic to leave just the printed area. I've enhanced the colours as @Paul was concerned it looked a bit washed-out and reduced the gamut down to CMYK as those are the colours that the stickers printers can reproduce. Also, cleaned-up the lines, got rid of the holes and attempted to "repair" the cracks around the right hole. Flippin' nightmare working on the dithered dots!

This should look pretty good printed at 300dpi!

JollyParkLeftInlanePlasticPreview.png

Wow Peter - that looks awesome (and nice and bright to match the rest of the machine!)... :)

Worked on @kevlar's CENTAUR plastics this evening. Got 'em just right then accidentally saved the file without the mask information so lost the "transparent" background which just defaults to white. Grrrr :mad:

Oh, well. Won't take long to re-tweak another day. So, here's what I started with. High 1,200dpi scan but the thickness of the plastic has distorted the screen printing on the back so it's kinda stripy and fuzzy (this is a 300dpi preview size):

Save0001300dpi.png

From this I decided as it's only a two-colour silkscreen (black and white) that I'd vectorise the image by hand. There's a lot of mess along the top edge and the part number lettering is completely obliterated. It's also hard to see above (and I looked at dozen of photos online) but this plastic has transparent edges with the white background only visible on the top, right and bottom edges. I think this should look pretty good when printed (again, 300dpi prieview):

CentaurInlaneLeft300dpi.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom