What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Can anyone 3d print me some connector housings?

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
I need a couple of Gottlieb connector housings for my Pinball Pool and have found the stl files on Thingiverse but I have no way to print them so wondering if anyone is able to help?

Have access to old style 3D printer currently using it for scooby doo mod.
Can print parts just will cost you postage.
Also there are services on Ebay that offer printing on likely better equipment.

I need a couple of Gottlieb connector housings for my Pinball Pool and have found the stl files on Thingiverse but I have no way to print them so wondering if anyone is able to help?
Send it over to me Chris, and I'll get it done in time for the next League meet at Gene's unless you need them sooner?

Thanks everyone for the replies, it's really appreciated. I think @Ashbo is sorting them out for me so all good :thumbs:
Just looking at the files and slicing them at the moment. This will be interesting as the designer of the model used a resin printer and I have a filament printer. Should only take a few mins to print each connector.

Would never have attempted on my old Creality Ender, but since I have owned a more modern K1, things seem to turn out as expected more often than not.

Fingers crossed, let's see what happens...

First test print is underway - removed the raised and embossed writing to focus on the detail within the connectors. Printing with .1mm layers and slowed it down to try and get fine quality.

1709369824377.png

We wait and see...

1709369914481.png

I did print one of these myself, however even with a Prusa Mk3 sliced at .10 the output wasnt really usable, hence why i ended up getting some done in nylon-type material from JLCPCB.

Would need to be printed in something fairly robust... maybe Resin would be a good bet to give the definition needed...
(EDIT - Robust is the wrong word... Something capable of retaining detail)
Just my $0.02c :)

I did print one of these myself, however even with a Prusa Mk3 sliced at .10 the output wasnt really usable, hence why i ended up getting some done in nylon-type material from JLCPCB.

Would need to be printed in something fairly robust... maybe Resin would be a good bet to give the definition needed...
(EDIT - Robust is the wrong word... Something capable of retaining detail)
Just my $0.02c :)
Indeed, love the service from these guys. Excluding shipping this is what they would charge for one of each connector, in natural grey nylon.
1709372192764.png

So first impressions are not terrible.

Only have black filament to hand but white arrives later. Seems the structure internally is there. The proof would be how it handles the contacts being inserted.

IMG_20240302_102155833.jpg

IMG_20240302_102509737.jpg

IMG_20240302_102451671.jpg

@Ashbo they seem good to me mate (although they're not a fan of being written on in Sharpie) :thumbs: Done both connectors this evening and the crimp pins fit nicely with a little click. Next step will be to plug them into the new board but I wont do that until I've completed all of the re-pinning.

PXL_20240305_175339035.jpg

PXL_20240305_175350043.jpg

PXL_20240305_184248733.jpg

That is impressive to see they worked. I may have a go printing some connectors myself.

Back
Top Bottom