What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar modifications

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
I'm currently changeing the Calendar from one supplier to another (more features, more support, newer etc).
Ive removed the ability for people to post new events, however you should still be able to see the ones that have been already posted.

Any issues, please let me know.

Will update more once the new one is installed and operational :)

Cheers
Paul

Thought - I can segregate the calendar into several sections.

Would it be worth having them all in one place? Split into UK/international? Split into UK League/OtherUK/International???

Also, you can set this to be able to manage invites... i.e. there are 40 slots available... it allows you to RSVP... once the slots are all full, you cannot then join... I am guessing (yet to test) that if someone drops out then it makes another position available. Is this functionality of any use??

1704037173027.png

@Lecari @Big Phil @Moonraker @Tilt_Birmingham @Matt Vince @Genotime @ailsaclunie @Mike Parkins - tagged you all because you are all regular users :)

More pics...

1704037322182.png

Attachments

• 1704037232945.png
    1704037232945.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Paul, just tried out the new events and a couple of points of feedback. Both tested on mobile browser.

The dark mode colour scheme for the RSVP box is quite hard to read (but that might be local browser colour schemes Vs web CSS).

Event images don't nicely scale, nor do they allow scrolling to see the full image.

IMG_20240101_213532.jpgIMG_20240101_213543.jpg

I'd say having an RSVP section would be useful to see who is going if there isn't a player list provided - I wouldn't use it as an 'official' attendee list though, personally. I wonder if it might be a bit confusing, though, so might be best to remove it. Will it still have the discussion section so people can comment and say if they plan to attend?

I can't see how to view it from the desktop site to look at it myself.

RSVP system has been with us from day 1, I think. I've tried it a few times but you tend to have very few responses... I would be inclined to disable the RSVP option altogether in order to prevent confusion unless you're going to mandate forum only entry to an event...?

The dark mode colour scheme for the RSVP box is quite hard to read (but that might be local browser colour schemes Vs web CSS).
Yup - already aware - should be fixed now :)

Event images don't nicely scale, nor do they allow scrolling to see the full image.
Agreed and noted - It;s currently displaying incorrectly, and should be a banner image accross the top... EDIT - Didnt work - should now be working ok...

Will it still have the discussion section so people can comment and say if they plan to attend?
Yes :)
Thanks, Paul. I suggest leaving all calendar entries in one place so any clashes or overlaps can be easily seen...
Agreed - however i have been able to add tags for the event type..... These line up with @Lecari list to they match accross the board :)

Categories :

1704181715980.png

The thought is....

UK Pinball league - League events
UK Tournaments - Outside of league meetings, however tournament competitions. These may include Tournaments at things like Pinfest
UK Other - Pinfest etc

Pinfest is a UK Other - however with Tournaments occuring as part of it - So the EVENT would be Pinfest, however the Tournament may be "Teds Pinball Tournament" which is carried out at pinfest.
All would appear on the same calendar, however different prefixes that can be filtered on :)

Last edited:
I would be inclined to disable the RSVP option altogether in order to prevent confusion unless you're going to mandate forum only entry to an event
If people dont want to use it as something official, i still think it;s nice to see the others that might be going to an event :) But yes, it's not massively used unfortunately!

Looks a lot better, good stuff Paul :)
As per usual - getting there... Takes time to install and then get set up correctly... and then to peoples liking :)

Made more challenging when it replaces another add-on that doesnt play fairly.... I still need to add the other 3 events that were in the old one - will try to do that later!

There is a Massive update on the Calendar Add-on which is waiting in the wings, adding a little (!!) more functionality and fixing a number of bugs that have been found. Looking to carry the update out shortly. It shouldnt loose any data, fingers crossed.....

New Features​

• Calendar Display Mode
    • Added a brand new Calendar display mode
    • Easy switch between the available display modes
      • Calendar
      • List
      • Card Grid
    • Filters support available in List and Card Grid display modes
  • Calendar Options
    • Added new options to control and customize the Calendar:
    • Event List Display Mode (Index)
      • Calendar
      • List
      • Card Grid
  • Default Calendar View
    • Set the initial view of the Calendar. Select the default view that best suits your needs or the preferences of your users.
      • Basic Month View
      • Basic Week View
      • Basic Day View
      • List Year View
      • List Month View
      • List Week View
      • List Day View
  • Enable Agenda Views for Calendar
    • Enabling this option transforms the week and day views of your calendar. Events will be displayed as distinct blocks within the calendar, visually representing their duration and the specific times they occur. This feature is particularly useful for a more detailed and time-specific overview of events.
  • Week Start Day
    • This option allows you to set which day your calendar week begins. Adjusting this setting will change the first day of the week across all calendar views. This is particularly useful for matching the calendar's weekly cycle with your regional or personal preference (e.g., starting the week on Sunday or Monday).
  • Include Weekends in Calendar Views
    • Use this option to control the display of weekends (Saturday and Sunday) in your calendar. If disabled, the calendar views will not show columns for Saturday and Sunday. This setting is useful for focusing the calendar on typical business days or customizing it to fit non-standard work weeks.
  • Default List View Timescale
    • This setting determines the default timescale used in list views when displaying upcoming events. Choose from year, month, week, or day to set the preferred duration and scope for event lists. Adjusting this setting allows you to tailor the event list view to best fit the needs of your users or the nature of your events.
      • Yearly View - Displays events for the entire year.
      • Monthly View - Displays events for the current month.
      • Weekly View - Displays events for the current week.
      • Daily View - Displays events for the current day.
  • Calendar Style Properties
    • Added new color style properties to customize the styling of Calendar Events:
      • Calendar Event Background Color
      • Calendar Event Text Color
      • Calendar Event Border Color
  • RSVP Registration Method
    • Choose the method for event RSVP registration. Select 'One-Click Quick RSVP Register' for a streamlined registration process, or 'RSVP Status Window' to allow users to select their RSVP status during registration:
      • Quick RSVP Registration
      • Choose RSVP Status during Registration
  • Full Day Event
    • Added "Full Day Event" Feature
    • Event creators can now utilize a new checkbox option to mark an event as a full day. This enhancement eliminates the need to manually enter start and end times for such events, streamlining the creation process and saving clicks. Note that it remains essential for event creators to accurately specify the start and end dates for these full day events.
  • Repeating Events
    • Introduced "Repeating Events" Functionality
    • A significant update for event creators is the addition of the "Repeating Events" feature.
    • This new functionality allows event creators to designate an event as a repeating one via a checkbox.
    • Upon selection, creators have the flexibility to set the event to repeat at regular intervals - daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
    • Furthermore, the duration of the repeating event can be customized to either continue indefinitely ("Forever"), conclude on a specific date, or repeat for a predefined total number of times.
  • Category Choices for Upcoming Events Widget
    • Implemented the ability to select applicable categories when creating/editing Upcoming Events Widget.
  • Event Time Zone
    • Implemented a feature for selecting a time zone for each event during its creation and editing.
  • Implemented new filter that let users sort events list by event start date.
    • Added a new default sorting option 'Event Start Date' in the Admin CP under 'Default Event List Order'. When selected, (upcoming) events are displayed by their start dates.
      • Note: Applied to the list and card grid display modes only.
  • Enhanced the "Upcoming Events" link in the public navigation to include only active events with future dates or repeating schedules.
  • Added more space between event detail and custom fields
  • Filter Events by RSVP Status:
    • Users can now filter events in List and Card Grid display modes based on their RSVP registration status.
    • Events I'm attending (Filter RSVP Status "Attending")
    • Events I might attend (Filter RSVP Status "Maybe")
    • Events I'm not attending (Filter RSVP Status "Not Attending")
  • Max Events Per User Permission:
    • Added a new user group permission "Max events per user" to limit the maximum number of events per user.
    • When the max limit is reached, it displays a friendly error message: "Your max event count is X, and you have reached the limit."
  • Delete RSVP Registration Status:
    • Users now have the ability to delete their RSVP registration status.
    • Added a new permission "Delete RSVP status" to allow users to delete their RSVP registration status.
  • Can Add Repeating Event Permission:
    • Added a new user group permission "Can add repeating event" to enable inserting repeating events.
    • Users with permission can see "Repeating options" on event create and edit forms.
    • Users without this permission cannot set "Repeating options" on event create and edit forms.
  • Hide Custom Fields Section:
    • In create/edit event forms, the "Custom fields" section is now hidden if no custom fields exist.
  • Display Attendees Count:
    • Attendees count is now displayed in both list and grid display modes.
    • The count of attendees is calculated based on those who have registered with an RSVP status of "Attending".
    • Events with zero attendees are ignored and do not display an attendee count.
  • Display Repeating Status:
    • Repeating status is now displayed in both list and grid display modes.
  • Display Event Active Status:
    • Event active status is also displayed in grid display mode.

Think thats about covered it. Give me a few hours, and then let me play afterwards (There's always a little playing needed to get things right!). Will post here when it's complete!

Paul

Back
Top Bottom